We stayed at La Samanna the second half of our honeymoon. The hotel's views, beach and gardens are beautiful. But there are issues that ruined our stay.
1. The restaurant. The food was decent but the menu never changes and the staff is rude, matter of fact, curt and obviously bothered by questions. (especially the woman that is featured in their literature as being on staff for many years)
2. The rooms. Our bathroom was the best part. The room was nothing special as you would expect for $800 a night. Our outside sconces didn't work so we couldn't sit on our balcony at night. The railings around the balcony weren't railings at all. They were concrete walls that ruined sitting outside because you couldn't see the views through the concrete. What a waste of balcony.
3. The spa. When on the resort website, you're given the impression that the spa is world class but in reality, it's quite amature. The massage rooms are open windowed which allows for mosquitos to feast on you while exposed or many times, they massage you outside which is nice but you feel exposed because anyone who walked into the spa can see you. They don't have many staff on hand so, often times, you're too late to book a treatment because all the staff is booked.
All in all, an okay resort but not a 5 star! And not worth the money!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Hotwire, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin