This was our second visit to La Samanna..once before the renovations and just this November. The beach is very private, beautiful water, very relaxing. We love it because it is not touristy or crowded. Our room was just perfect. We were in the main building on the top floor so we loved the views at night. Our bedroom TV did not work for the entire week which was not so good but that was the only glitch. We stocked the fridge with our own drinks as the prices for cocktails are a bit high on the property and it does add up.
You can rent cars right on the property so no need to call an outside company.
The breakfast buffet is just wonderful. There is something for all appetites.
We ate dinner at the restaurant and it was good. Not the best dinner we had on the island but you can't beat the views.
Staff is SUPER friendly and is there for anything you need. Most of the friends we met there never left the property. We are a bit more adventurous and ventured all over the island and then would come back to relax.
A great place for couples..not super kid friendly simply because it is on the quiet side and more mellow that a bigger resort. I actually like that there weren't a bunch of screaming kids running around!
All in all..it was a fabulous, highly upscale resort that was well worth the visit.
The couples massage was WELL worth it!!
Boutiques on premises as well as a nice fitness center.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Belmond La Samanna nestles amongst lush gardens overlooking 55 acres of spectacular beachfront. A complete resort in itself, Belmond La Samanna offers a spectacular private beach, two poolside terraces, 83 luxurious rooms and suites and 8 recently renovated 4600sq. ft. villas with private pools. Enjoy its sophisticated food offerings and award winning wine cellar, indulge in its European Elysees Spa, or simply enjoy the privacy and relaxation of this sophisticated and sensual French-Caribbean enclave. Gourmet dishes are served in the elegant Trellis, and Baie Longue Bar offers pool-side dining and views of Baie Long Beach. Dine on your private terrace and later enjoy a drink from the wine cellar. Belmond La Samanna is everything you could wish for in a Caribbean hideaway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Belmond, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Belmond La Samanna reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Samanna By Orient-Express Hotel St. Maarten/St. Martin
- La Samanna Hotel
- La Samanna Resort St Martin