“Sunday Lunch party for 20 - Brilliant!”
Review of Chapter 1 - CLOSED

Chapter 1
Cuisines: French, Irish, Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Bistro/Restaurant in the heart of Bustling La Zenia. Specialising in Steaks,Fish and much more. An engaging menu suited for the area with set menu options and a very popular traditional Sunday lunch. Weekly specials, vegetarian options and an extensive wine menu with emphasis on local, organic wines.
Dumfries, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch party for 20 - Brilliant!”
Reviewed April 1, 2014

We'd been to Chapter 1 with friends back in January and been very impressed with the subtle ambience, friendly service and excellent food, but a couple of Sundays ago they were just outstanding!

I was just entering yet another decade and we decided at the last minute (about 4 days notice) to celebrate with a lunch party with about 20 friends. (Chapter 1 have a super value Sunday Lunch deal which for the quality of food & service can't be beaten in the area).

All but 4 of us had never been to Chapter 1 before, but they delivered their full range of dishes to the delight of everyone without exception! We had 2 tables of 10 each, and Peter the chef did a remarkable job so that everyone at a table was served at the same time.

I started with Black Pudding & Queen Scallop salad...the scallops were cooked to perfection! For main course, I chose the 28-day beef which was tender & tasty and cooked just as I like it. Others had thick pork steaks, roast chicken, or a fillet of cod. And a good choice of delicious desserts to end up with. So good was the day, that several of our friends said they'd be sure to be back.

Thanks to Peter, Jenna & their team for looking after us all so well!

• Visited March 2014

Orihuela, Spain
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 31, 2014 via mobile

First visit to Chapter 1, we arrived early and had not booked but was accommodated, thank goodness. Excellent service, staff, food exceptional from starters to coffee. Everything well presented, quality, quantity and taste. Had an excellent evening, a little pricey but well worth it. Our visit was on Saturday 22nd March and every table full when we left,would recommend to book if you had a good drive, 40 minutes for yes but again worth it. Enjoy

Visited March 2014
Dublin, Ireland
“Excellent”
Reviewed March 29, 2014 via mobile

Lovely place to eat,the food is amazing,fish and steak highly recommended,excellent wine list very helpful and friendly staff,a little expensive but we'll worth it if you are celebrating a special occasion or just want good food

Visited September 2013
Dublin, Ireland
“Expensive - but go, you're worth it”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

I chanced by this restaurant Sat. 8th March. I was on my own and the staff were so helpful and friendly. Suggesting the best place to sit, the right wine with my choice of food and taking a little time to have a conversation.

I was completely relaxed during my meal, there was no rush for me to finish so they might have the table back.

The atmosphere and food were excellent. I will definitely be back and would highly recommend this restaurant as a place to visit on a special occasion.... or as an excuse for superb food, superb wine and superb service. I really can't recommend enough. :)

• Visited March 2014
Buckingham, United Kingdom
“Expensive but ok”
Reviewed March 9, 2014

Food was ok but expensive for what it was. Felt a little uneasy too as they allowed a drunk man in who began disturbing the other diners. Staff were friendly and helpful.

Visited March 2014