Overall stay was pleasant. Nice location and view, about 5 - 10 minutes drive to gurney plaza. I have stayed in both the normal premium room and deluxe sea view room. The additional top up was definitely worth it. Sea view experience was great. Room were newly refurbished and contemporary.
On the other hand, there is definitely room for improvement in service quality. Through observations, the team seems unorganized and having difficulties in delivering customer needs (Eg. Checking for room status, ordering for room service,understanding customer questions). Another comment i would add on, in regards to the shower area. Bathroom tends to get wet when anyone went for a shower even with the floor mat on. The partition was not covering the entire showering area.
Room service experience was not up to expectation. We ordered the continental breakfast (expected to serve with croissant, muffins, fruit danish, etc) and omelette (expected to serve with bacon, chicken ham, tomatoes, hash brown, etc). Turns out i receive only an omelette and a basket of plain breads with butter. Its disappointing, I made several inquiries and was not given an answer. Anyway, I am satisfied with other dining room service dishes i ordered over the few days (Eg. Eatery fried rice, Fried Mee, Hot apple crunch, pancake and waffle) and have no problem with them.
I am fully aware that this is a new hotel (new management team) and the fact it's a SPG category 1 hotel. Give them a couple more months and I am quite confident the management team would be able to make improvement on areas noted.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy the uncomplicated comforts in any of our 220 welcoming guest rooms and suites, where you’ll find everything you need to feel at home; some have outstanding views of the Malacca Strait. Enjoy free bottled water daily and stay connected with free wired and wireless High Speed Internet Access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com and Starwood APAC so you can book your Four Points by Sheraton Penang reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Tanjung Bungah Beach Georgetown
- Hotel Tanjung Bungah Beach
- Four Points By Sheraton Penang Tanjung Bungah