We stayed here about five years ago, and I'm not sure whether my standards have gone up, or the quality of this place has dropped with the name change. Checkin was a mess and they got our reservation wrong, and attempted to put our family in a studio instead of a one bedroom, fortunately, I had the confirmation printed out. The one bedrooms rooms are huge, and all face the beach, so that's pretty fantastic.
The big disappointment was the breakfast which seemed more like feeding time at the zoo. The half-interested staff mill around replenishing huge platters of low quality foods, and then seem quite disapproving if you don't finish everything on your plate. Indeed there is a large threatening sign indicating you will be charged RM10 for every 100 grams of "food wastage"... What??? Maybe provide food that people want to finish if you are going to do that. Last time we stayed there breakfast was run by Delifrance, who have since departed the establishment... and I remember it was much better.
Getting out of the hotel, there is an awesome Indian restaurant directly over the road serving some of the best Indian food I've ever eaten. There is also a hawker centre five minutes walk up the road serving up local delicacies with a very welcoming atmosphere.
Overall, I'd probably not go back to Paradise Beach, but we had a nice time here despite its many shortcomings.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32 inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe. Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front. For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the resort, the heritage city of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah