The paradise beach is a difficult resort to review fairly. This is my second visit in 5 years.
Very little has changed in that time. A bit of paint, new tv,s but not much more. The location is good if you are in Penang for 5 days or more. It is about 10 to 15 mins from Batu ferringhi by bus and 20 to 45 to komtar depending on traffic conditions. Gurney is about 10 to 15 mins by bus. If you hire acar it is much quicker. If you are after late night action choose a different venue to tanjung bungah.The beach is ok but poor water quality. There are several ok restaurants within 5 min walk. We can recommend the Indian across the road and the German as good value. The food we had at the hotel restaurant was a fair price fishy cooked and tasty.
The rooms are very large forthe price you pay. We had a good sea view from the 19th floor. The bed was hardship but comfortable enough with good pillows. Our shower was hot and good pressure. The air conditioning excellent. With a separate lounge area there is plenty of space. Breakfast is adequate with the usual mix of Asian and western fare without the bacon. It does not change much but there is an adequate selection. Wifi is free but only available in the lobby. The pool area is pleasant but only caters for 20 pr so on the lounges and a few more on the beach. At 70$ the hotel is excellent value.
The only hassle is if you are there in the Malaysian school holidays and most weekends when the hordes descend on the hotel. The adequate facilities are swamped, the pool area is too small then and the beach is taken over for corporate or family games. So if you are after a quiet time then try to mis the weekends!
Overall if lu ky you will have avert pleasant experience a very fair price.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32 inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe. Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front. For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the resort, the heritage city of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Cancelon, Hotwire, Travelocity, HotelQuickly, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets and TripOnline SA so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah