We were here in August for a week.
First very nice thing was upgrading our room for no extra money :))
so we get very big suite, with very nice ocean view.
Second great thing about this hotel is it`s surroundings - right at the front of the hotel, on the other side of the road is a great indian restaurant - food is so cheap and so delicious, and stuff is so nice (try theirs Teh Tarik( milk tea), i swear this is the best drink ever!), and if you will cross the street, and go to the left of this restaurant you will soon (about 5-10 min calm walk) get to another great japanese restaurant (try theirs Watermelon juice!).
Can`t say anything about food in Sandy Beach, because we never have a dinner or a breakfast here. So, if you need, there is also a little supermarket right near the indian restaurant.
Now, enough about food!
Rooms in Sandy beach are very large, and clean. If you want you can read fresh newspapers, which are delivered to your room on sundays.
Sea is ok for malaysia, because Andaman sea is not like an indian ocean, it is more warm and more "grey". Also i don`t like to swim in a water, when i don`t clearly see what is under my feet, so i chose the swimming pool.
Also, there is a great doctor in the hotel :) very nice and fun! But i don`t wish you to get to know him, because it will probably mean that smth happened to you :)
Also, if you will rent a bike, there is a free parking.
There was only one problem - two times our faucet in the shower has been broken. We called a mechanic, and he fixed it :)
can`t say anything about excursions, because we didn`t buy any,
Also near the hotel is the bus stop, from what you can get to George Town.
Definetely will come back to Sandy Beach.
Btw, Penang is a great place to visit.
Hope you enjoyed my review:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32 inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe. Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front. For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the resort, the heritage city of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotwire, Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah