We stayed at Paradise Sandy Beach for 4 nights - arrived at 11am, and were offered a welcome drink while the room was being finalised - about 20 minutes, which gave us a chance to look around the pool/beach area.
We were on the 25th floor in a deluxe room - which was located on the beach side of the hotel - great view and a huge balcony. The room was gigantic and very comfortable.
PR lady was great and helped us out with Tourist Bus Tickets and advice. Bus stops out the front to got to Georgetown (about 40 minutes) and Batu Ferrangi (about 15 minutes). Buses are easy to get around on, which we did for the entire time - NO taxi's.
Didn't spend much time at pool as it rained every afternoon, but it looked nice.
We did a fishing tour organised by the hotel - nice way to spend a few hours, however hubby would've liked a little longer fishing and not so much time on Monkey Island!
Excellent Indian restaurant across the road.
Only negative, not a lot of restaurants close by - either have to eat at resort (which we never do) or go into Georgetown of BF. We did catch bus to BF 2 nights for dinner.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Strategically located at Tanjung Bungah, this 4-star resort is just 45minutes away from the Penang International Airport. Its tastefully decorated 315 suites are perfect for business traveller, leisure holiday or family vacation. All suites are fully air-conditioned, equipped with coffee & tea making facilities, hairdryer, IDD Telephone, 32 inch LCD screen TV, WI-FI in the room, mini fridge and in-room safe. Kitchenette facilities are available at cost upon request. The Breeze Cafe and Gaya’s Beach Side Bar & Restaurant, overlooking the sea, offers local & western cuisine, and a fully stocked bar for you to enjoy while you watch the sunset. An array of sea-sports, including parasailing, boat rides and jet skis are also available at the beach front. For the more adventurous who wish to explore the vicinity of the resort, the heritage city of Georgetown is only 20 minutes away, while a host of entertainment and night spots are just 10 minutes away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Agoda, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Sandy Beach Hotel Tanjung Bungah
- Paradise Sandy Beach Resort
- Rainbow Paradise Beach Resort Penang/Tanjung Bungah