Copthorne Orchid Hotel Penang
$35
Four Points by Sheraton Penang(Tanjung Bungah)(Great Value!)
$90
$55
$61
  • Breakfast included
$38
$35
  • Pool
Seriental Hotel(Tanjung Tokong)(Great Value!)
$30
Agoda.com
Straits Quay Suites(George Town)
$61
Agoda.com
DoubleTree Resort by Hilton Hotel Penang(Batu Ferringhi)(Great Value!)
$54
  • Breakfast included
Naza Hotel(George Town)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsnight marketterrace blockbulgarian restaurantgeorge townfree shuttlehalf waythe hotel offerssea facing roomnice beachpool sidedeluxe roombuffet breakfastwater sportspenang islandbatubustaxis
Reviewed February 6, 2013

Stayed here for 5 nights and really enjoyed our stay. The staff are very helpful. The outlook on the west side of the building is great.. The pool area is large and excellent. We had lunch every day at the hotel. They run complimentary shuttle service to George Town once per day and twice in the evening to Ferrengi beach. However there are three bus routes 101,102 and 103 that pass the front of the hotel that cost 60c to Georgetown and 40c the other direction to Ferrengi beach
We hired a motor bike in Ferrengi but heard from another tourist of a hire place at half the price and much better condition than I got. It was across the road from the GoldenSands Ferrengi..
It may be a bit quiet for younger folk, but would recommended it and would stay here again if we come back.
The Gym is small and the air conditioner didn't appear to work.
There is a wine shop across the road about 50m to the right. Good food and excellent choice of Australian,Chile, South African wines from about 40-100RM per bottle.

Room Tip: Select room on West of Building
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank dave_duncs
Reviewed January 31, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for 5 nights and the rooms are very comfortable - sea facing and spacious. Our room + bathroom were very clean and the housekeeping did the needful veryday to keep it that way.

The rooms are NOT very well appointed and many gizmos are missing ( safe, DVD player, jacuzzi tub etc). However, the price advantage works in the hotel's favor and the staff is very polite as well.

Also, most people come to Penang to enjoy the beach, the food and the island trips - so the lack of gizmos in the room is not very relevant.

Now this hotel is sort of between two important places and if you are on a budget and rely on public transport, it could be a bit tricky to get here. ( You will figure out the way & get comfortable in a couple of days though).

The private beach is very average and unexciting - the restaurant is good though.

Room Tip: All the rooms are sea facing :)
  • Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank WhereIsPrateekToday
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel many times over the years. Yes, the rooms are dated, but at least they are clean and comfortable. I stayed 6 nights this trip. The room was always nice and clean when I return from my day out. Balcony had a view of the sea and the hills.

There are food stalls and a convenience store across the street. A short drive will take you to Straits Quay and Gurney Drive and Feringghi NIght Market is about 15-20 mins by car.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Reginamarie_N
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I had a spacious hotel room with nice sea view. . Location is good and quiet with bus stop and food nearby. Friendly staff. What we love the most is the private beach. But be careful as there are sharp rocks hidden in the sea near the beach that can wounded people.The room is clean but furniture is a bit old and the cupboard are kinda dusty.The bathroom are clean but theres black mold on the shower curtain.There's alot of improvement and upgrading needed. Since it's a 4 star hotel, guest might expecting more from it. But for a short weekend is just ok for a night sleep. It has got nice pool and the shuttle service to night market and Georgetown but limited service.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stay somewhere and somehow in this hotel in year 2005 so it has been some times ahead now but I am recalling my memory about this hotel which I stayed few years ago.

I used to walk across peninsular Malaysia in year 2005 covering distance of almost 4000 km in 8 months. When I started the walk initially I had no money so sometimes I do massage along the way to get support of my walk. Not long after my walk the Coptone Orchid Penang hotel contacted me via email to offer me a free stay to support my attempt to walk across the malaysia if I ever reach Penang. that time I was somewhere in Ipoh. I replied the mail to take a 3 days 2 night stay but given a approximate arrival date to reach the Hotel cause I never walk from one state to another state on bare foot. On the day I walk across the Penang bridge I found a lot of coins along the way until I reach the frond door of the hotel. It was my first time on walking to Penang so in between I somehow got a map from the locals of Penang Island and the way to reach the Hotel. Finally I reach the hotel and the management offer me a warm welcome arrival and stay in the hotel. I was surrounded by some news reporter but my attempt was more towards spiritual purpose so I did not minger with too many questions from the reporters. The hotel at that time in my opinion was a bit old but given the services and hospitality is truly an unforgettable experience. It has nice beach and hospitality. after I finished the walk across Penisular Malaysia I actually further my expedition to Borneo and after living there for a year, I decided to walk across the world so I started from Cambodia to vietnam and to Laos but returned back to Malaysia due to lack of financial and sponsor issue .

Am are resting at the moment in Langkawi and will plan my next attempt of walking to others country and wishing there are others kind sponsor like Coprtorn Orchid Penang who understand and sense my spirit of walking and kind enough to offer the sponsorship. Truly the Management of Corptone orchid Penang reserve the best of my spiritual blessing for its future prospect and advancement. I hope will one day come back to the hotel and stay as a guest soon.

Namasste