“OK Budget Hotel”
Review of New Hope Inn

New Hope Inn
Ranked #4 of 11 Tanjung Bungah B&B and Inns
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Room was small but clean. Staff was efficient and helpful. WiFi was available but slow. If you are driving, there's a car park in front of the hotel (5 - 8 parking lots). Food are easily available nearby.

Good if you are just looking for a place to crash at night. Not for long term stay. Avoid rooms facing the main road especially if you are a light sleeper. It can get pretty noisy even at night (rooms are not sound proof)

Room Tip: Avoid rooms facing the main road especially if you are a light sleeper.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank mwcyen
There are newer reviews for New Hope Inn

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Booked after reading the TripAdvisor reviews for a Deluxe Queen when we saw the small room we paid extra for the Delux king. We moved out after the first night to Copthorne Orchid. First time TripAdvisor has failed me :-(

Good: 1. The reception ladies were very helpful otherwise rating would have been terrible. 2. The air-conditioner worked.
Bad: There was no mosquito wire on the windows. The rooms were old with plaster falling out. The sheet were not ironed and old.. The porter let us drag the suitcases up the stairs.The bathroom could not be used without wetting the toilet. No cupboard space.. No bedside light or tables.

Agoda refunded our money with no problem for our other 5 nights..

Room Tip: Don't go there!!!
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 6, 2013

A very peaceful and comfortable stay. Hotel car park is just in front of main entrance. Staffs are helpful and friendly. Check-in is a breeze.

The hotel features are a bit old but comfortable. The lights in the room are dim. It will be better if the hotel can refurbish as the structure of the building is history.

As the location of the hotel is a little bit far away from town, eateries are limited but cup noodles are selling at front desk for ‘emergency’.

A tour agency, BR Tour, is just beside the lobby. They provide reasonable local tour and staffs are helpful. The tour agent helped us to purchase ferry tickets to Langkawi and provide transportation to ferry terminal (charges apply).

I would like to compliment the Operations Manager, Mr Romy Tan, of BR Tour. He is very helpful throughout my stay in Langkawi. His after sales service is superb! I also would like to compliment his teammate, Mr Lim, who assisted me to bring my baby boy to see a doctor after his work shift as my little boy is having high fever after we came back from Langkawi. I also felt sorry to Romy’s brother, Mr Tan, as I left him waiting at the ferry terminal because I mixed up my arrival time.

I believe you’ll have a pleasant stay if you booked New Hope Inn, because you will be well taken care of.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank handison
Reviewed January 3, 2013

New Hope is like a new hotel. My family recently visited Penang on a holiday and we stayed in New Hope Inn. We stayed in the VIP Suite, and we had a very pleasant stay in the hotel.

The hotel located in Penang town and Batu Feringghi. Convenient parking spaces, near the beach and staff hotels are friendly and polite.The room is comfortable and very clean. We will definitely stay in the hotel again next time when we make another trip to Penang.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank ShamNapi
Reviewed June 17, 2012

I found this hotel to be nearby town and somehow on a good budget. I prefer a more home-stay place, cosy and rather not opt for the higher expensive hotel (i dun need an indoor swimming pool or free breakfast - i somehow never manage to wake up for it).

I was first greeted by the counter staff immediately (I got serve the moment I walk in), since they don't have to check-in 20-30 people which is common in larger hotels. Of course, I was a bit skeptical at first, given the low price I pay but upon entering the room I know I was right this time. I'm pleasantly surprised with the clean room, basic necessity is provided (water dispenser, hair dryer, soap + towel) and even free wi-fi !! And plus, remember to drop your documents and even your room key at the counter before you leave and the staff will take care for you. This are the small little things that I could really appreciate.

Food wise, well it's Penang. There's quite a number of stalls nearby offering chicken rice, porridge and char kuay teow. If you a morning person, there's a market within 5 mins walking. Or if you a beach person, it's just 5 mins behind the hotel too.

Overall,I pay for what's really necessary, a good place to sleep and on a tight budget. And it's a pleasant experience.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
10  Thank tsheng
Reviewed June 17, 2012

My friend and I recently visited in Penang on a holiday and we stayed in New Hope Inn for 3 nights. We stayed in the Superior Queen room, and we had a very pleasant stay in the hotel. The staffs are friendly and courteous.

For such an affordable price, New Hope Inn offers us a comfortable stay, with a queen size bed in a spacious air-conditioned room, an attached bathroom with water heating, and all the basic necessities (complementary toiletries, coffee, and daily room cleaning service) provided. The free wifi was a major plus point, allowing us to surf the web anytime from the comfort of our room.

The hotel is very conveniently located, with plenty of local penang food and convenience shops within walking distance. It is also a short bus/taxi ride to most of penang’s major attractions, such as the beach, Gurney Drive, and the night market. I would definitely recommend this place for all travelers in Penang.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank duckiedawn
Reviewed May 2, 2012

I was traveling to Penang last week, found this hotel at Tanjung Bungah. It's a beautiful and yellow building with a good parking lot. I stayed and traveled in Penang at this hotel for 3 days 2 nights for a business trip.  It's a Bungalow style Budget Hotel but they provide excellent customer service. Staff are friendly and polite. Most of the basic facilities you can find from this lovely hotel and the room is comfortable with the nice branded Bed.
The Hotel is located at a nice place, very convenient for me to work and for leisure. I can take direct bus to Batu Ferringgi Beach around 10 to 15 minutes only. Near by that is an interestingToy Museum. Going to Gurney Drive and Georgetown is so easy and not too far away too... Opposite the Hotel that is a nice seafood restaurant, and you can find the bank pand 24 hours opened Mini Mart and other many shops around.
I will be back for next travel to Penang soon and I will recommend this budget hotel to my relative and friends. Save for more on accommodation and spend more for Penang delicious foods and entertainment. Be a smart tourist. Cheers~

• Stayed: May 2012
#3 of 11 in Batu Ferringhi
Hotel Sentral Seaview, Penang
Hotel Sentral Seaview, Penang
#1 of 2 in Tanjung Tokong

Been to New Hope Inn? Share your experiences!