“Something different”

Farmyard Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 9 Restaurants in Kathikas
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The Farmyard Restaurant is a family run restaurant located in the picturesque village of Kathikas. Our Chefs cook an International Menu for our customers to enjoy in a friendly and relaxed atmosphere
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Head out of Paphos up into the mountains and the little village of Kathikas where you will find The Farmyard. A little cooler than Paphos but the food and service matches the best that Paphos has to offer. We (6 of us) went on Wednesday 11th September. No quiz nights, just al a carte. The food and the service was excellent. The menu is varied. The food well presented and ample quantities. The wine list was a little limited when you bear in mind the vineyards in the area but the wine we chose was very acceptable. A very pleasant evening. This was our 5th visit and we will definitely go back on our next visit to Cyprus.

Rachel I, Owner at Farmyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded October 27, 2013

Thank you for your kind words for our restaurant. We are happy to hear you and your party of 6 enjoyed your meal with us. We look forward to seeing you again next year. Rachel & Savvas

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I am in a genuine dilemma about this restaurant. The food was fabulous, (though portions a bit big) (though that may be a plus to some).
When I booked, for a Tuesday evening, however the gentleman did not say it was a quiz night. So basically there was constant questions and answers from the quiz master broadcast over the tannoy for the whole meal. My teenage kids and I were in stiches as questions aimed at the over sixty fives went out. If I wasn't hungry I would have left. There were perhaps two small groups taking part in the quiz, and many more (perhaps five or six other tables. One greek family fled, and we exchanged basil fawlty looks with other tables.
The waitress was sweet but very inexperienced but we would barely have noticed if it hadn't been for the quiz. It also took twenty minutes from when we arrived before our drinks and food order were taken. (Though that was not the waitress)
However the food is yum and worth the wait (but perhaps not the quiz). It is much much better than places closer to the coast. I will dine out on this meal for years.

1  Thank Gruzenberg
Rachel I, Owner at Farmyard Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

Thankyou for your review and comments. We are glad that you enjoyed the food and happy you decided to stay and not leave.
Regarding the Quiz evening, we are sorry you weren't informed, it is a new thing that is on trial at the restaurant and is still experiencing some teething problems and we will use your comments as part of our decision regarding the quiz.
I can only apologise for the wait you received, there is no excuse just at the same time of your arrival a few other tables arrived and also we received a spot check by the Cyprus Social insurance office and they pulled the staff to answer questions delaying us to get to you as quickly as we hoped and would've on a normal evening.
I apologise for any disruption to your evening but do hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

I dined at this restaurant with my family on three occasions during our 2 week holiday in Cyprus. On each occasion we ate delicious food that was beautifully presented, highlights being the Beef Stifado and the Seafood Pasta. The service was excellent, and much more attentive than every other restaurant that we went to in Cyprus.

Thankyou for your kind comments of our restaurant, we are glad you and your family enjoyed your visits to us. We hope to see you again if you visit Cyprus

Reviewed August 29, 2013

We visited the farm yard twice on a trip to stay with friends. They have lived in the area fro several years and consider this te best local restaurant . The menu offers a great range. The quality is superb and the bill was not unreasonable. This would be our first stop for dinner on the Nextel visit.

1  Thank laurence_of

Thankyou for your comments and review. We are always happy to hear from our customers that you enjoyed your meals when visiting us. We hope to see you again

Reviewed August 23, 2013

Out outside the village of Kathikas you will find this great restaurant. The food is to die for!!! Great selection and a buffet on a Thursday night.
We ended up going there three nights in a row. Huge portions, believe me you won't leave any.
We were welcomed by a lovely lady, always smiling!
Great food and a lovely host, what more could you want???

Thankyou for your review and visiting the restaurant on a couple of occasions to enjoy the different options we have on offer. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your visits to the restaurant, we are always aiming for customers to enjoy the food, service and find it all reasonably priced.