“Lovely little place”

Ranked #6 of 13 Restaurants in Kathikas
Cuisines: Greek, Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, Egyptian
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We are a family run taverna serving innovative dishes for the last 18 years. Our dishes are a mixture of Greek, Cypriot and Middle Eastern, all taking advantage from the fresh local products grown around us. Customers can sit in the court yard, shaded by the fig tree, during those hot summer days and romantic nights and come autumn, toast themselves from the burning log fire, while enjoying their meal Inside the taverna. Imogen's taverna has featured in Time Out, The Lonely Planet, Rough Guide, The Mail, Cyprus Weekly, OK Magazine, to mention but a few. It has also been awarded Winners of 2014 Certificate of Excellence. We are also proud to announce our new PIZZA BOX, serving home made pizzas of your choice to eat in or take away. There is something for all the family to enjoy at Imogen.'S and we look forward to welcoming you to our taverna to experience excellent food with the Imogen's touch.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Recommended in lonely planet we decided to drive up into the hills to this taverna. So glad we did. Spectacular views on the way and the village setting is idyllic. Lovely taverna, we sat outside under the shade of the fig trees. Excellent food and very generous portions. Very relaxed afternoon. Nothing to fault

Date of visit: September 2019
Write a reviewReviews (511)

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We visited Kathikas during a two week holiday to the island. This was the best meal we had by miles. The food was so fresh and tasted amazing. We are like Royalty! The cosy setting was perfect, a very relaxing atmosphere. Even if visiting means you have to travel a little from the centre of Paphos it is well worth it!!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a wonderful evening with friends tonight. The food was beautifully cooked and presented and the atmosphere was wonderful. We had a variety of starters which where all tasty. The staff where helpful with explaining them aswell. Will definitely return .

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We’ve been going to this beautiful little restaurant for many years and always plan one of our days in Cyprus around a visit. A little disappointed today on our visit that menu has been simplified. As a bit of a fussy eater it has always been a joy to order the mezze and have my taste buds challenged. The new menu asks customers to ‘build there own’ which for myself took away a lot of the charm of this gem of a restaurant.

I have to say that the service and the food was excellent, but the new structure took away some of the joy of the place for me. Still a stand out restaurant but no longer somewhere that I would plan my day around.

I’m absolutely sure there is a reason for the changes and the passion for good food and service is evidently still there, but perhaps tweak the new approach to not put off your loyal customers.

Not a dig, just some honest feedback.

Thanks,
Alistair

Date of visit: September 2019
MarinaNkathikas, Owner at Imogen's Inn Taverna, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you for your feed back and I am very pleased that you appreciate our high standards and quality of food. I just want to mention however, that all the dishes that were on our meze are still on the menu allowing the customers the choice of choosing them if they want or perhaps replacing some with a different dish. I apologise if you found our menu confusing and we will endeavour to improve on its structure.
Regards
Marina

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This is our family's most favorite place in whole Cyprus. It became so since my first visit in 2015 (or 2014) and the opinion had never been changed after so many trips. The food, interior, lovely and friendly staff, I always feel the soul of Cyprus here.

Date of visit: October 2018