Europe Playa Marina
Roc Illetas(Illetes)
$193
$180
  • Beachfront
Gran Melia de Mar(Calvia)
$407
$386
Trip.com
$151
  • Breakfast included
Hotel Riu Bonanza Park(Calvia)(Great Value!)
$128
$182
$386
$376
Orbitz.com
BQ Belvedere Hotel(Palma de Mallorca)
$189
$139
$113
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewspool areasea viewnumber busfree wificentral palmaupgraded roomper devicecoffee machinelovely hotelreception staffbreakfast and dinnerquiet locationbreakfast was excellenthalf boardvisited this hoteljust arrived backnight break
Reviewed August 7, 2012

We just returned from our holiday. The hotel is a fraud!! At the maximum this is a three star hotel, not a four star one..
The promised sea view was only seen leaning out from the balcony, There is no entertainment for adults or activities for kids despite these being advertised by the hotel. The only entertainment we got was by listening to the entertainment from the nearby hotels. The television in the rooms only have news channels in English language and again nothing for children.There is only one pool and it is NOT a pool for young children. The only internet connection is in the lobby and it is very temperamental.
If you are full board of half board you get food but no drinks, not even water. You have to buy water and are not allowed to bring water into the restaurant. A 300ml bottle of water is 2.50 euro and a 150ml bottle of fizzy drink is 2.60 euro.
The staff were disillusioned and was always too busy to listen to their clients.
Serious warning; don't ruin your holiday by staying at Europe Playa Marina especially if you are a family with young children.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Bessem546
Europehotels, Director Comercial at Europe Playa Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2012

Dear guests,
First of all thank you very much for taking the time to write such a detailed feedback about your recent stay in our hotel.
We sincerely regret to read that your stay with us didn’t meet your expectations. We will of course follow up on the points that you’ve mentioned. Shall we add however that our guests generally choose our hotel for its relaxing atmosphere and tranquility.
Please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your stay further.
We sincerely hope that we could welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed July 24, 2012

Comparing all the 4 star hotels we have stayed in, some merit 5 stars others barely 3 stars. This hotel is one of those. The position is very good , the lay out nicely arranged ,It could be a very good place to stay for a nice holiday but in my experience it seems that the owners/ management have no interest at all in this hotel. It is not run with guest s best interests at heart.
We found the staff ok ,may be not over friendly with some of the guests ( as some of the guests manners left a lot to be desired !) but over all I had no complaints ..The staff are very busy and a few more staff may help. For example : only one barman for two of the bars, one by the swimming pool and the other one six floors higher by the entrance.The barman cannot be in two places at once---, he must be pleased that the 3rd bar is never open !!
The food situation and the rest is accurately documented by the previous feed back ie: Sophiem 451 so I will not bore you by repitition .On the subject. of entertainment in the evening this is existant the place is deserted no staff and no guests
To sum it up it is not a place for a return visit

Room Tip: The rooms on the left of the hotel have a better sea view but the best idea would be to look for a room in another hotel
3  Thank Roger201138
Europehotels, Director Comercial at Europe Playa Marina, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

Dear Roger,
Thank you for sharing your opinion about your recent stay at our hotel.
We appreciate your feedback and are very sorry that you felt we underperformed.
We are concerned to read that we didn’t meet your expectations in general throughout your stay and we will certainly look into what may have happened on this occasion.
We do look forward in the hope of being able to welcome you back in the near future and delivering to you the professional and friendly customer service levels that so many of our guests have experienced and continue to enjoy at the Europe Playa Marina.

Reviewed July 22, 2012

My husband and I have spent 5 days at this hotel and it was long enough.Found the breakfasts not to bad,but have had better in other hotels.Here they certainly do not have a wide sellection of fruit,just pineapple and grapefruit every morning,in fact the same things every morning.We found the stifling fumes of the cooking of the eggs which the chef??was doing so off putting,.Evening meals were buffet and just repetative,they had run out of the fish one night and the reastaurant was'nt exactly busy.Had been out one night to a local restaurant,came back and ordered a pot of tea.When it came I poured it,it was so weak.The water was just luke warm,no wonder the tea had'nt brewed,it did'nt need milk.Maybe thats why the uninterested waiter had'nt brought it in the first place !!!No entertainment in the evenings,just empty lounges,one with a piano stood there looking neglected.Where was everybody ??On leaving the lady on reception just about managed to say goodbye,no polite cheery smile,no nothing like that.......will not be returning to this hoel or Illetas

3  Thank Margaret H

Dear Margaret,
Thank you for your recent feedback about your stay in our hotel Europe Playa Marina.
We are sincerely disappointed that you had issues during your stay with us and we will most certainly follow up on the specific issues that you have raised.
Please feel free to contact us at any time to discuss your stay further.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back in our hotel.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

Location and standard of rooms are fine. Food is gross, coffee is watery and cold. Staff are so unbelievably rude, it takes away from your holiday. It was such a hassle staying there. Witnessed a lot of unnecessary hostility & aggression towards hotel guests and experienced a lot myself. Was there for a wedding in a group of 50 people and everybody had some issue with the staff. When I arrived, the guy on reception demanded my credit card despite me having paid in full. So was met with an argument. Had to show him on my online banking and no apology. Also no credit card machine in poolside restaurant and waitress insisted I drop everything and go straight up five floors to reception as I did not have cash. Was made feel like a thief. Called the manager - who argued with me about whether the staff were rude. I put my foot down and said I would pay in a couple hours when I left, in case I wanted to add a water or something. When I did pay, the manager then came up to me and told me he wanted to explain to me why I was a bad person. I speak fluent spanish so this was not a language thing. I have just travelled the world and I got much better service in places that cost four euro a night than in this hotel. Really bad experience.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
5  Thank Maria L
Europehotels, Director Comercial at Europe Playa Marina, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2012

Dear guest,

First of all, thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed comment about our hotel on Tripadvisor.

It is always important for us to know your impressions, as our aim is to provide our guests the best services and products we can.

We sincerely regret not having been able to reach your expectations. Your case was directly discussed with our general manager. It is a pity that you had to live this embarrassment and feel really sorry about it. We will however take this situation as an example and will definitely try to improve our service and communication skills.

We hope that we could welcome you back once more and show you our professionalism and passion for our industry.

Thank you once again and best regards,

Reviewed July 10, 2012

There are two good things about this hotel:

-It's location near to the lovely coves off Illetas with their white sandy beaches and aquamarine sea.
-The view from the rooms is good. The hotel looks right over the sea and it appears that most of the rooms benefit from this view.

The things that aren't so good:
- The staff. The receptionist Natalia is possibly the most soulless member of staff in any hotel I've come across. Similarly the other staff were bored, disingenuous, uninterested. I think if you'd have run through reception in flames they wouldn't have raised an eyebrow...nor handed you a bucket of water...they just don't care...Something that I would not ever expect from a four star hotel.
- The 'extras'. The safe in your room is 15 euros to use, the moth eaten faded beach towels another 10....it all just seemed a bit desperate and cheap.
- The rooms themselves were poor. One flat sad looking prison like pillow per person. Faded bed spread in nylon, a hair dryer from public swimming pools of the 1950's, bath tiles chipped and sad looking..stained net curtains, old faded worn towels that aren't quite big enough....just all a bit sad looking really.
- The buffet breakfast- On the outside this looked pretty good, cereal, yoghurts, fruit, eggs the usual...but the reality was quite different...the eggs were literally un-edible ( I mean disgusting every single day), the cereal the cheapest possible stuff, ether stale or the type that goes soggy immediately. The fruit cheap and tasteless....Even worse was the lack of organisation...we had to stand with our breakfasts because there were no tables. Staff ignored us. Then when we did get seated we'd wander off to get some juice and our entire breakfast would have been removed. In the end my breakfast disappeared three times! it was nothing short of faulty towers.
- Lastly...and this is the hardest thing to put your finger on...was the atmosphere...the place was like the grave..day and night...we used to joke about going back to the prison each night....the bar with one sad bored member of staff waiting for something to happen...the lounges, empty..devoid of people who would want to spend any time in them.....no laughing, no lively chat, no dodgy jazz band in the evening no effort at all.

In summary we aren't fussy types, we're pretty easily pleased, but this place was really bad..... a hotel with all the enjoyment taken out! Not recommended.

7  Thank Sophiem451
Management response:Responded July 11, 2012

Dear guest,
First of all, thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel on Tripadvisor.
We appreciate your feedback and we wish to thank you for your open words, which help us to constantly re-evaluate ourselves to improve our product and services.
We truly hope that we could welcome you back once more and show you our professionalism and passion for our industry.