“Can't Wait to Go Back. A Fantastic Place with Fantastic People”
Review of Stoops Guesthouse

Stoops Guesthouse
Ranked #1 of 1 Shillelagh B&B and Inns
Reviewed September 23, 2013

My family arrived to Stoops Guest House and were met by some of the nicest people in Ireland. Chris, Vicki and John were quick with a smile and made us feel like friends as soon as we arrived. My brother, mom,dad and I spoke about our stay for the rest of our two weeks in Ireland. It was a highlight of the trip.

Breakfast was good and the rooms and grounds of this guesthouse were perfect. The property is set amongst some beautiful scenery. I cannot wait to go back.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Very good hosts of Vicki and Chris. Lovely new accommodation but needs a sign post from Coolattin golf course. Great breakfast food and comfortable bed. WiFi is free but a little patchy. Accepts credit card.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peter_4825
Reviewed July 11, 2013

If you're staying here, you're probably playing a round or two at the Coollattin Golf Course. Whatever the reason, this is the place to stay in Shillelagh (Carnew). It is a beautiful guesthouse situated on a nice country road near the course. The hospitality is incredible. From this location, it is possible to hire a driver (we paid 60 euro) to take a one hour drive go to Glendalough. Doing it this way it much easier and cost effective than trying to get transport from Gorey.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 24, 2013

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at Stoops. Vicki made me feel right at home, offering me anything I could need. The woodworking in the house is amazing, as is the upstairs bathroom with it's huge claw-footed tub (I wish I'd gotten a chance to use it!).
The property is constantly undergoing quiet improvements. Bill was working on putting in a long waterfall that blends beautifully into the landscape. He was welcoming and friendly, and spent a good part of his morning showing me the property, its wonders, and its potential.

I would have happily spent my entire stay in Ireland at Stoops and just taken day trips from there. I plan to do just that the next time I go back on holiday.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Robin A
Reviewed June 18, 2013

Chris and his family have established a beautiful guest house in the heart of Ireland, conveniently located along the Wicklow Way. After a long day of hiking to write an article on the Wicklow Way for an outdoors adventure publication in the US, an evening in the comfort of Stoops Guesthouse soothed the aches and warmed the soul, made complete with a trip out to Dying Cow pub—about as traditionally Irish pub as it gets. I was impressed by the service, friendly conversation, and family vibe of the place—thanks! I hope to return one day soon.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Becky K
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The weather was fantastic, the house and rooms were very spacious and clean, lovely view from our bedroom over the big gardens. Breakfast was cooked to perfection, we were fully looked after. The best bit was our children had a huge garden to play all day long with the owners children. Completely secluded setting very safe and gave my husband and I time to walk and enjoy the amazing views over the valleys and Forrest.

Room Tip: We took room 3 which was large and we got a king size bed and single and ample room for myself and h...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Claire K
Reviewed May 7, 2013 via mobile

This is a purpose built guest house. Everything is new and fresh. The room we had was a good size and the cleanliness was excellent. The hostess could not have been more helpful and was very friendly. The breakfast set us up for the day and we didn't need fed until our evening meal. Meals are available at the golf course just up the road or a short drive to one of the nearby villages. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank HappyWanderer666

Been to Stoops Guesthouse? Share your experiences!