“Nice healthy vegetarian food”

The Kitchen Table Cafe
Ranked #1 of 30 Restaurants in Mumbles
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Local cuisine, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Dinner, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Independent café/bistro style restaurant offering locally sourced, home cooked, whole food at reasonable prices. We are particularly well known for our great range of vegetarian, vegan, organic burgers and gluten free menu options. We serve organic freshly ground coffee, loose leaf teas and delicious nutritious juices and milkshakes.
Swansea, United Kingdom
“Nice healthy vegetarian food”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

Really nice food, healthy and loads of veggy and vegan options which are nice for a change. Prices are on the upper end of reasonable but still a very nice place for a bit of lunch.

• Visited September 2013

Swansea, United Kingdom
“Healthy food, warm atmosphere and friendly staff! VEGAN FRIENDLY!”
Reviewed April 10, 2014

As a lactose intolerant, it's not easy eating in Swansea. You really have to hope that the restaurant your eating in is honest and won't poison you with a mouthful of food containing some sort of dairy ingredient.

The Kitchen Table is one of these honest restaurants. They create Vegan friendly food; granted they don't have an extensive list of animal friendly food but nevertheless I'm always comforted knowing that no dairy went onto my plate. Vegetarians are catered for and even the celiacs of the world. Rejoice!

I rarely feel comfortable in restaurants, I usually find the process of eating amongst strangers rather odd and even in some ways uncivilised. However, eating at the Kitchen Table is like eating with your own family plus your left feeling super healthy. Their homemade super juices are a super boost of super food, you will literally be running up walls after a few sips!

My only warning about The Kitchen Table is the size of the place. Pushchairs and wheelchairs might be a little cumbersome in this environment. Be warned! And finally, they will not take bookings for any parties less than 6 people. Other than that, enjoy health because you won't find much healthier eating spots in this part of the country.

• Visited April 2014
Berkshire
“Quirky, wholesome food in a friendly, welcoming environment”
Reviewed April 5, 2014

Ate here twice on a recent holiday in the Gower, and would definitely say that The Kitchen Table was our favourite restaurant in Mumbles. Great choices for vegetarians and good quality ingredients. The salads served with the main dishes were very inventive and tasty. I had a Haloumi Burger on my first visit and 'Vegeree' (a vegetarian version of Kedgeree) on my second - both were delicious, satisfying and great value.
Each time we went, the restaurant was busy, with a nice atmosphere.
Would recommend a visit if you are in the area - and hope to return soon.

• Visited March 2014
“Perfect small cafe ”
Reviewed March 25, 2014 via mobile

A very nice cafe, with a warm homely atmosphere and great service. I had the burger which was full of taste and served well. Faultless visit and Yes I would return and recommend.

bournemouth
“A real gem”
Reviewed March 23, 2014

My hubbie and I were on the Gower last week for a walking break and ended up at The Mumbles one afternoon feeling decidedly thirsty and peckish, having trekked quite a few miles of the glorious coastal path. Fortunately I 'd done plenty of research beforehand and remembered having read recent reviews on the Kitchen Table and so we duly headed off to track it down. Well, I'm pleased to report that we weren't disappointed. We opened the door to a warm and cosy atmosphere and Molly immediately made us feel very welcome with her lovely beaming smile and friendliness. We quickly decided what we wanted to eat and before long husband was tucking into the biggest, deepest bowl of bubble and squeak, egg and bacon and I was thoroughly enjoying my vast portion of mouthwatering macaroni cheese together with large portions of saute potatoes and gorgeous salad. Real, warming 'comfort food' beautifully cooked and presented and so tasty. A much-needed pot of tea washed it all down to perfection and we'd definitely have sampled the various cakes too - if only we hadn't felt so darned full-up! Congrats, ladies - a lovely experience and we wish you well for the future.

• Visited March 2014