“Lovely relaxed cafe/restaurant with good food and atmosphere”

The Kitchen Table Cafe
Ranked #1 of 36 Restaurants in Mumbles
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Independent café/bistro style restaurant offering locally sourced, home cooked, whole food at reasonable prices. We are particularly well known for our great range of vegetarian, vegan, organic burgers and gluten free menu options. We serve freshly ground coffee, loose leaf teas and delicious nutritious juices and milkshakes.
Reviewed March 12, 2013

I have eaten at the Kitchen Table a few times the breakfast is great and a good selection of teas and juices, it's great that it is also Dog friendly with so many dog walkers in the Mumbles. On our last visit we had the homemade Burgers they were really tasty, fresh and with a excellent side salads not the run of the mill lettuce and tomato and some lovely sautee potatoes the prices are good and so is the atmosphere, more cafe style than fine dining but a great casual eatery with a bit of character, give it a try!

1  Thank littlehaf

Reviewed March 6, 2013 via mobile

1st night in wales, came across this very busy place, always a good sign. One table had just left, so we were lucky. I thought the menu appeeared to be expensive, having now spent 5 days in wales, Wales is expensive. I would desecribe the place as veggie /student. I ended up having a steak and partner hake. Yip neither veggie but the sides were very unusual (very nice) beetroot barley! One waitress dippy, so once my steak was served cooked, not blue! It was great. I would go back no bother

Reviewed March 4, 2013

I ate here on Friday night, we didn’t book just turned up and were luck as were seated in about 3 minutes.
The service was great and the menu very interesting and fresh. I had the lamb burger which was excellent and served quickly with a lovely salad and sautéed potatoes.
The atmosphere was very nice, really relaxing and not pretentious at all. Staff were very friendly.
Overall a really great experience.

Reviewed February 28, 2013

WHoops... tenner a burger.!! Seems I've been corrected by the owner. Now if every review was read by the owner then we critics would have an easier job. Seems to me that there's an old adage that fits in here somewhere? Like I said before.. Different, quaint and I suppose for some, value for money. As before, the food was ok, but WE did not find it satisfying and I've eaten in a few places in my time. I suppose it's a 'Niche market' for a 'Niche wallet'. Bon appetito!

2  Thank Bob D
Reviewed February 25, 2013

The restaurant is small but cosy with limited opening times, so booking especially for an evening meal is essential. It has a homely feel with friendly waitresses. The food is wholesome & a little unusual, but tasty & the portions are a good size. The crockery & cutlery are all "vintage" & adds to the quirkiness of the place.