“Pretty, but not enough food”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Out Of The Blue - CLOSED

Out Of The Blue
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Seafood
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Swansea
“Pretty, but not enough food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

I went home after a two course meal, in which I ate my wife's and my friends saute potatoes as well as my own four, and made myself some sandwiches.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank gripo08

Bradford on Avon
“Closed since Sep 2013”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

This restaurant closed in the Autumn of 2013, when the family who were running it left, and it is now being refurbished by the landlord.

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Edw0rd
Wales
“A good fish restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

You will have a good meal especially the locally sourced fish. The patagonian wine is good and unusual. The place is a bit small so it is advisable to book except don't do this by e mail as I don't think they open them very often.

• Visited April 2013
2 Thank ResilientWales
swansea
“dreadful service lets down excellent food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

We visited for the second time as we had enjoyed the food so much last time. When we arrived it was almost empty but a large party arrived soon afterwards. We ordered the house white (Sicilian) & after a while the waitress came back to say they had run out & we could have Venetian white instead, which we didn't want so asked if there were any other Sicilian whites. At this request, she got very sniffy, saying that we could see for ourselves on the menu and she wasn't a wine expert. Thanks for the helpful and friendly service so far.
It all went downhill from there on - many items on the specials board were not available; I was given a hand bowl of water and spare dish with my starter of mussels, but my companion wasn't given one when her main included mussels; we were largely ignored once food was served; when we asked for the water we had ordered to be poured the waitress did so very reluctantly as though this was not her job.
It was when we went to pay that things descended into total farce however. In spite of several attempts, they were unable to process my card (telephone line problems). At that point I would have willingly offered to send a cheque the next day (giving them proof of address etc. had they required it) but the attitude of the waitress was belligerent bloody-mindedness - it's not our fault, you have to pay cash... We didn't have enough though not by very much & eventually after stamping back & forth supposedly speaking to the manager (who did not appear, what price customer service?) demanded that I bring the balance in the next day. On us pointing out that her attitude left a lot to be desired, she complained that we had not showed her respect - pardon??? What for???

What a pity that excellent food (even if half the menu was missing) should be paired with such appalling service.

There are many other good restaurants in Swansea and Mumbles - give this one a miss.

• Visited July 2013
2 Thank haslucks
“Out of the world”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2013

Best fish restaurant ever.. By the way One of the best restaurant in swansea.. Very young chef absolutily shoking.. Wooow

• Visited August 2013