“Good for a short stay.”
Review of Casa Florida Hotel

Casa Florida Hotel
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Pereybere
Reviewed April 9, 2013

This hotel is quite good and relaxing.We found the reception with a little difficulty.There was no sign indication.The check in was quite good.The receptionist just showed us how to put the TV on and where the fridge was.No mention where the ceiling fan switch was and the air con remote control was.It was quite hot in the room at night.I went to the reception for the remote control ,I was told that I had to pay rupees 500 for that service.I was with a group .I did not know the condition .
A hotel with 74 rooms,I had to carry my luggage .No porter.
The buffet was not extra,need amelioration whereas breakfast was good .I asked the cook to put salt and pepper in my omelette,he said it's on the table.Advisable to have it at his station as per guest request.
Rcom was spacious and clean .Ambiance good ..DJ good.Hotel clean.One of the best small beach located nearby.

Room Tip: Ground floor is nice
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed March 16, 2013

The hotel is located in a quiet street about 5 minutes walk to the town beach front. A large well stocked supermarket is 2 minutes walk away. The rooms are big and quiet. Staff are helpful and friendly. Breakfast is adequate. TV channels are all in French and as the barman informed me that French speakers are their market so I guess that's ok. I am an Englishman and was on business on a 2 night 3 day trip I just needed a cost effective room with a good shower, if I was an English tourist I would not have been very happy. However the French guests were in the main families and very well behaved with no rowdiness or party noise that's a big plus. Rooms could have been better maintained e.g. the air conditioner on he second night started to freeze up and make a noise, the wood trim in the bathroom was MDF which swells when wet and the mattress had seen better days. A big plus is free wifi in all the rooms which I only found out on check out as my booking stated free wifi was only available in the lobby. Overall the hotel met my needs and by the overpriced Mauritius standards was very good value but expensive relative to other destinations such as Vietnam, Thailand and even Dubai (when no exhibitions on in town). I will stay there again as the price paid was reasonable for the room and service.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Davies B
Reviewed December 28, 2012

We have stayed at Casa Florida at least ten times and thoroughly recommend it. Staff are very friendly and are perfectly happy to communicate in English. Have always found rooms and the premises clean. At the very reasonable prices charged I do not expect a 5 star hotel but this an excellent place to stay in an ideal location.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Panniers
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed here for 4 nights. The hotel is located close to pereybere beach. Upon arrival, i was served with welcoming refreshing drink. I stayed in a bungalow which i would recommend to everyone. For a really low price that i paid, i get a room big enough for two. The bungalow has a private balcony where you can rilex. Hotel facilities include A/C, fan, kitchen, microwave oven etc (i dunno if this depends on your room type).It is important that you know what to expect because this is a budget hotel, not a 5 star hotel. The food is mediocre, the pool is not clean (who goes to Mauritius to swim in the pool anyway? the beach is vast open), and the towel isnt so white clean. Other than that i think the rest is superb.The staffs were really friendly and helpful especially the ones at the reception. They speak good english. You can also exchange your money to local currency at the reception for a good exchange rate. The hotel's airport-transfer guy, Pierre Tai who picked me up from airport was also helpful and friendly in giving me tips about touring the island. All in all, for the price that i paid, i think it was an awesome choice.

Room Tip: i recommend the bungalow type. if you are particular about the towel you use, bring your own because...
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo
4  Thank Localtourists
Reviewed May 29, 2012

Stayed in Twin Towers Villas next door but were able to use the facilties. Staff are very friendly but do prefer to speak French so it can be a quick "here is your drink" and then turn to chat to a French customer. Mind you it did make us practice our French.
It is not a posh hotel but then the bar prices reflect that. Trouble is sometimes I got the impression that the management were trying to up the standards by making the staff less approachable like in a posh hotel. It doesn't work. Most of the people I spoke to agreed that chatty staff were what made the experience better.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BobR53
Reviewed December 13, 2011

Our first time at Casa Florida was in Dec 2006; 5 years later it's still a nice and friendly place to stay. Most of the clientele is French, but all staff speak (enough) English. The location is great - on a side street in Pereybere.

Room Tip: There are a few different types - most have a fridge (very useful). Some have a kitchenette. Each ro...
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
5  Thank loupriven
Reviewed October 9, 2011

We had a lovely stay at Casa Florida. Our room was very big and clean with a comfortable bed, balcony, ensuite and kitchen. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was excellent. The premises has secure parking and a lovely big swimming pool. I would stay again.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emily M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pereybere
Merville Beach Hotel
Merville Beach Hotel
#6 of 27 in Grand Baie
Pereybere Hotel & Spa
Pereybere Hotel & Spa
#1 of 5 in Pereybere
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Res...
#3 of 10 in Trou aux Biches
Veranda Grand Baie Hotel & Spa
Cocotiers Seaside Boutik Hotel
Cocotiers Seaside Boutik Hotel
#1 of 1 in Baie du Tombeau
Hibiscus Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Casa Florida Hotel? Share your experiences!