“THAI FOOD”

Wang Thai
Ranked #3 of 23 Restaurants in Pereybere
Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: It is part of the international franchise....was excellent value for money while still upholding the typical Wang Thai standards....fantastic!
Reviewed August 18, 2013

This can be found opposite Winners Supermarket in Pereybere and is above a Pharmacy.
The service is very good and efficient. You can sit outside on the balcony.
Cocktails were good. The food was very well presented and good choice of starters. The mains were very good and when I asked about how spicy certain dishes were, they said they could make them as hot as I wanted, so my angry duck dish was really good. We really enjoyed the food.

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

We reached their from port luis the the place looked deserted, but I wuess we were early for dinner . the food was good and the portions were large. Will go there again.

1  Thank 1strover
Reviewed May 23, 2013

Just as Thai food should be...
Upstairs above a pharmacy just outside Grand Baie - opposite a supermarket (I think) called Winners
Good atmosphere and large restaurant with in and outside seating -very comfortable
We started with Prawns which were fresh and with sweet chilli dipping sauce & chicken satay (4 skewers) they were small to start and I think we should have had squid too as we have large appetites - having said this we were full at the end of the meal without the squid so maybe that is just my greedy pig, wanting to try everything, side showing itself!
We had thai chicken curry and beef fillet in Penang sauce with 2 portions of egg fried rice, which was served in an interesting serving dish - all adding to the atmosphere. I wish I had ordered some vegetables as felt this was lacking in our curries.
We had 5 spirits, 2 mixers, 1 glass of wine and the above food - the bill was 1700 MUR which I thought exceptional value
I would recommend this place

3  Thank wendy494
Reviewed April 21, 2013

Have just returned from a lovely evening at Wang Tai. Great setting for a meal for any occasion, either outside on the balcony or in the well decorated restaurant. Began with cocktails, beautifully presented and equally as good to drink. Prawn spring rolls and chicken satay to start with, the spring rolls particularly good, well seasoned and full of flavour.

We had honey duck and grilled beef fillet with Special Thai Sauce to follow, the plates were practically licked clean. Both meats tender and the accompanying sauces complimented them perfectly.

Service was friendly and efficient. Wang Thai is absolutely worth a visit, two courses and cocktails for two, for the equivalent of one in the UK.

Thank you very much for a lovely evening.

1  Thank Nicola L
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Friendly service and staff. Food was tasty and pretty good. I tried a duck dish - which was a little tough. But good starters and puds. Nice wine list. Would visit again

1  Thank RosebankT