“One of the best steaks so far this year”
Review of Salza Steakhouse

Salza Steakhouse
Ranked #113 of 197 Restaurants in Stavanger
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: SALZA STEAKHOUSE – three places in one Turn the dinner into an full evening with colleagues or friends, at Salza Steakhouse & Bar. We have everything you need for a pleasant experience. How about meeting up in the bar on the ground floor before enjoying a fine dinner in our restaurant on second floor. Then, continue the evening in our banqueting facilities. And after that? - Step into the music at Ittepa Nightclub, located on our first floor. Our restaurant offers grilled meat and fish dishes, inspired by the menu from american steakhouse restaurants, combined with the freshness and excellent quality of local raw materials. Everything here is made from the beginning, and the meat we use comes from Albert Idsoe jr. -head of the oldest, most well-known meat dealer in Stavanger. Salza Steakhouse & Bar features bright and delicate surroundings that gives a comfortable and cosy setting for your to dine in. In an informal athmosphere, you will experience a balanced style, and enjoy highly professional service from our staff. Our restaurant capacity is 60 guests. SALZA BANQUETING FACILITIES The second floor of Salza can also be used as conference and banqueting facility. There is wireless internet, video projector and overhead projector at your service. Combine your meeting with a delicious meal in one of Stavangers best meeting facilities, or downstairs in the restaurant areas. We serve buffét menu in the banqueting facilities. Capacity: Min. 20, max. 40 persons. Pre-order only, and open on requests.
Norway
“One of the best steaks so far this year”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

And I've had a few :) I've read some of the previous feedback and I don't agree with the negative feedback. We went there as a group of 8 friends and had a great time. I do agree with Josteins post about the menu, I was also looking for more of a selection of steaks, side orders and sauces.I thought the prices were ok, they are inline with most restaurants in Stavanger.

Anyways I ordererd the 330gram Entrecôte, medium cooked with fries. The steak was perfectly cooked and pretty much melted on my tongue, the red wine sauce and fries were also very good.

The waitress did a great job, she also made some awesome drinks for us.

• Visited June 2013
Ranveig H, Daglig leder at Salza Steakhouse, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
Hello Palvs

I'm glad you had a good time at our restaurant!

We have a very small kitchen so unfortunately we don't have the capacity to make our meny too big.

Welcome back

Best regards

Ranveig Haugen
Manager
Salza Steakhouse
ranveig@herlige-stavnger.no

Stavanger, Norway
“Excellent service - average food.”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We were a large group of 12 persons dining here. The location is great, just by the seaside in Stavanger. The facilities are also pretty good, stylish and cold elegance.
The waitress did an excellent job and we were all very pleased with her.
Some of us reacted negative when we got the menu. They call it a steakhouse but don´t serve a tender filet of steak! When you go to a steakhouse you expect certain dishes, but it seems they want to distance themselves from a "regular" steakhouse. Some of us ended up ordering hamburgers. Not bad, but definitely not worth the price.
Wine was good and served at a perfect temperature.
In my opinions there are several better steakhouses in Stavanger than this.

• Visited June 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“Nice but not good enogh”
Reviewed April 6, 2013

Well what can I say, the food was mediocre, the service was alright but goodness me can't you try a little bit harder...!!!! Burger King quality but Michelin prices...!!! MUST TRY HARDER.

• Visited April 2013
Stavanger, Norway
“Not the most memorable meal”
Reviewed October 23, 2012

Salza is a steakhouse located right on the harbor of Stavanger (on the Straen side) and it has been around for quite a few years. I have tried to go there a few times but it always seems to be fully booked. But a couple of weeks back I decided to try again and I was able to book a table after we had done a city walk around Stavanger town.

The restaurant is located in an old “sjøhus” – one of the original houses around the harbor area of Stavanger. The restaurant occupies the ground floor while there is a night club upstairs and at the very top you can find a meeting room or a room for hire in connection with parties.

We came in on a cold evening and we got the menu pretty fast from our waitress. We decided to go for a starter to share as we were quite hungry and we decided to have some meat (surprise surprise) as our main meal. But you can also go for burgers, pork, lamb and they even have a fish dish on the menu. Before we got our food we got a few pieces of thinly sliced bread served with three types of dip…a tomato kinda salsa, a yellow bell pepper salsa and a red bell pepper mayonnaise – quite tasty to have three different dips.

The starter was “KFC Kristoffer’s fried chicken”…which seemed to be deep fried chicken pieces which the same red bell pepper mayonnaise. The chicken pieces were juicy, had a zing and seemed to be freshly made….excellent. I wonder if the colonel knows about the unauthorized use of the name of the dish ;-)

Nikki decided to go for the grilled rib eye (known as entrecote in Norwegian) and I went for the sirloin. Nikki ordered her steam medium rare and seemed to get it pretty right and it was served on top of a bit of vegetables. I’m all for the “avoid the gigantic portions” but I think there could have been a bit more vegetable. Nikki was pretty OK with the meat but it could have been warmer – we were a bit puzzled that the plates were not hot when the food was served.

My sirloin was served with beetroot, fried mushroom and a pepper sauce. I asked for the steak to be medium and I think it could have been grilled a bit more and I had the same issue as Nikki that the steak was not that warm and not served on a really hot plate. So I guess it is kinda sad that what I remember best from the meal is the potatoes that we got to share as they seemed to be freshly made, they were hot and were seasoned just right.

I had a glass of red wine to start with and I was pleasantly surprised that they could offer three different kinds by the glass. But when the main meal was served we were asked if we wanted to have something to drink and I said “Yes, I would like to have another glass of red wine”. I guess the waitress forgot all about me as I never did get another glass of red wine. When we walked out of the restaurant we were not totally blown away by the dining experience – the meat was decent enough and the service was good enough. But it was not a memorable meal in any way.

The main meals were about 350 Norwegian kroner (about 60 USD) and my glass of red wine was about 105 Kroner (about 18 USD).

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank gardkarlsen
Hoersholm, Denmark
“Ok steak, but slow”
Reviewed October 18, 2012

Good dining, not spectacular, but it has a nice atmosphere, good variety of wine, and nice service.

Well, actually the service this night was more cute than good, but she was apparently newly hired, energitic, and learning quickly. The only real problem was the wait after I was seated.

• Visited October 2012