Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $219.84
from $182.99
from $182.99
More Info
All reviews sunrise hike off the beaten track photo package great hike pulpit rock great guide small group small company hiking boots tour company an unforgettable experience great pictures johannes kjerag hikers boulder pace
Selected filters
Reviewed June 20, 2019

I went on the Kjerag summer hike by myself and had a fantastic time. Jeff, our guide, was phenomenal--he's incredibly funny and gregarious and made the experience very enjoyable. I highly recommend doing Kjerag with these guys, especially for safety's sake, as Jeff's explanation and instructions on how to go out on the rock helped put one at ease and made things less difficult.

Date of experience: June 2019
Johannes_Apon, General Manager at Outdoorlife Norway, responded to this reviewResponded June 21, 2019

Great to hear you had an awesome hike! I will pass on your kind words to Jeff - he will appreciate it.

Takk for turen & welcome back any time!

Reviewed June 19, 2019 via mobile

Done the above tour with OutdoorlifeNorway, with two kids (14 and 12). We were only five, with another German guy and our tour guide (Salvatore). We all admired the landscape, and the perfect organisation of the tour. We had just as many quick brakes as the kids needed. Started off with a scenic 1-hour canoeing ride, very easy. I would recommend to everybody. It is so nice, and so calming (you do not meet anyone all day) that when you arrive at Preikestolen, you do not really much care about it. Truly. Salvatore is a great guy, I am glad he was our guide.

Date of experience: June 2019

Happy to hear you enjoyed the off the beaten track tour with your family! We have put a lot of effort into creating a unique experience, away from the crowds. I will pass on your kind words to Salvatore!

Takk for turen and welcome back any time! =)

Reviewed June 16, 2019

This was definitely the highlight of my trip to Norway! I was picked up close to my hotel in downtown Stavanger around 7 in the morning and joined a small group of 6 people. We were driven to the trailhead in a comfortable van (included ride on the ferry). Our guide Johannes was extremely knowledgeable, friendly and helpful. We were also lucky enough to have a perfect weather for the hike that day. We got to enjoy some truly incredible views on our way up that few people get to see, thanks to Johannes and his familiarity with every nook and cranny on the route. The hike itself was easy-to-moderate and took about 2-2.5 hours to get to Pulpit Rock, including several short breaks. Every stop along the way was photo worthy! Johannes also had some light snacks and beverages for us. Once on the top, it was absolutely surreal! The view of Lysefjord - its turquoise waters and the steep mountains was just breathtaking! We spent about an hour here taking in the views. On the way down, we used the steps made by sherpas. We briefly stopped at the Swords in Rock monument on our way back to Stavanger, and were dropped off at our respective hotels around 5 pm. I can't thank Johannes enough for this one of a kind experience. This hike is a must do, not too hard and very rewarding; and I highly recommend Outdoor Life Norway!

Date of experience: April 2019
1  Thank menon9224

Thank you for your kind words! Great to hear you liked the tour so much! I enjoyed hiking with you.

Takk for turen & welcome back any time! =)

Reviewed June 12, 2019

The hike itself was stunning and it was more than just the one money shot on the boulder. All along the 5-hour hike there were spectacular views of Norway’s iconic rugged landscapes. We started early (pickup by Joffrey, our guide, from our Stavanger hotel before 5AM!) so had much of the trail to ourselves. Coming back, we saw more hikers, many without guides. IMO though, having Joffrey as a guide was completely worth it, he was caring, attentive and very knowledgeable and talked to us about the geology of the fjords to life in Norway to the best spots to take photos. The capper was the secret spot he took us to for our lunch break just a few minutes from the boulder—best picnic spot ever, Takk Joffrey (IG: Joffrey_thevenon_photography)!

1  Thank Jelly_Bean_2613

It truly is an early bird tour - happy to read you enjoyed the tour, secret spots, and of course beating the crowds. I will pass on your kind words to Joffrey!

Takk for turen & welcome back any time! =)

Reviewed June 12, 2019

I did the Kjerag Summer Hike - Beat the Crowds and the Preikestolen "Off the Beaten Track" on back to back days. Erlend was the guide for the Kjerag Summer Hike and he was friendly and made everyone comfortable by answering all our questions and sharing his knowledge about the land. The hike was challenging but he always made sure that everyone was safe in every weather condition.
Fabrizio was the guide for the Preikestolen hike and did a great job guiding our full group of 8 (of all varying fitness levels) safely through the unmarked trail. He showed us the best spots of the Lysfjord and took some great shots.
Overall, the guided hikes were the highlights of my trip. Pick-up and drop-off were punctual and everything was well organized. As a solo traveler, it was also a great way to meet other people. I felt safe knowing that I was with someone who knew the trails well and what to do in emergency situations. If you don't have appropriate hiking gear, I recommend renting their waterproof hiking boots and clothing as on both hikes we encountered either rain or wet and muddy trails.

2  Thank Kelly H

You did it! Preikestolen off the beaten track + Kjerag beat the crowds - back to back! A true adventure. Great to read you had so much fun and appreciated our services. I will pass on your kind words to Erlend and Fabrizio.

Takk for turen & welcome back any time!