Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM

from $209.96
from $139.82
from $174.77
More Info
All reviews sunrise hike off the beaten track photo package pulpit rock great hike great guide small group small company hiking boots avoid the crowds an unforgettable experience experienced guide norwegian culture great pictures lucky with the weather johannes kjerag
Selected filters
Reviewed March 13, 2018

Having hiked up Preikenstolen in the summer I was looking forward to heading up there in the winter months. It did not disappoint! And neither did Outdoorlife Norway who were responsive, helpful and a pleasure to deal with throughout. Our guide, Alan, made it a hassle-free, fun and informative experience, to add to the wonderful hiking and stunning views.

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed March 7, 2018

What an amazing experience!

To say the hike up Pulpit Rock is a winter wonderland is an understatement. Although we didn't get to see the view at the end, as it was quite foggy, the hike itself offered spectacular sights.

Our guide, Alan, was absolutely great - very funny and knowledgeable. We opted for the photography package and got some beautiful fotos as keepsakes.

Make sure you take in the sights of beautiful Stavanger when you're on the ferry!

We would happily recommend this tour to anybody!

Reviewed February 26, 2018 via mobile

We decided to do a guided tour because it was winter and the route was full of snow and ice. All the staff were really helpful and friendly, everything well explained, all the info and material provided. Our guide was Christoffer and he was very friendly, we had a great day with him, he knew the area by heart and he gave us enough time for pictures and enjoying this amazing landscape!! Takk for turen Outdoorlife Norway & Christoffer!!

Reviewed February 25, 2018

I took the winter Pulpit Rock trip, and it blew me away! I have never seen anything as magical as the Norwegian fjords covered in snow, and the tour guides were exceptional as well! Cannot recommend enough! Thanks so much for having me! :)

Reviewed February 17, 2018

I saw the Pulpit Rock on on of those load up screens on your laptop, and when I saw it was only in Norway (not some far-flung corner of the Earth) I decided I had to go. It's located near Stavanger in the South, and there are cheap direct flights there from the UK. It was definitely worth the trip, this guided hike was excellent. Erlend was our guide, and I felt confident that we were in good hands.

As their blurb says, it's not recommended to do this hike in Winter without a professional guide, and although we did see the odd person doing just that, I personally would have turned around had I been alone. The first half of the hike has 3 steep ascents, all covered in ice and increasing levels of snow as we got higher, the second half is much less steep, however the snow this high is a couple of feet deep. I'm not the fittest person ever, and I did find parts challenging, but doable.

I chose the package which included a night's accommodation at the lodge, dinner and breakfast before the hike. I was very pleased with the cost (~£200) which I thought was particularly reasonable by Norway standards. I was the only guest on this particular night, although I imagine it is considerably busier during the season. There were 12 people in my group on the hike however, this is obviously a popular activity even in Winter.

It's definitely worth making the journey over to Norway, even if this is the only reason for your journey - there's a real sense of achievement in making it to the top, and even in slightly misty weather, the views are spectacular - a once in a lifetime experience. Thank you Outdoor Life!