Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Outdoorlife Norway tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Outdoorlife Norway
from $166.20
from $166.20
from $154.30
More Info
All reviews off the beaten track sunrise hike hiking poles photo package an amazing experience experienced hikers great guide great hike pulpit rock small group beat the crowds waterproof pants his knowledge small company amazing sunrise main trail comfort zone
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I did the "off the beaten path" hike the second week of September. It was an amazing adventure! I would definitely recommend this hiking company to anyone. Our tour guide was Johannes who is very knowledgeable. We had a fun group of 6 people (from Germany, London, Switzerland, California, and Florida), we all had a great time getting to know one another. We were blessed to have a beautiful, sunny, fall day for the hike. The 'off the beaten path' trail was steep and challenging at times, but this made it very rewarding once we got to the top. We stopped for lunch after a couple of hours and had a beautiful lunch view of the Lysefjord. We were provided with a delicious cup of hot black currant juice. Overall, it was an amazing day, I was in awe of the beautiful landscape. We could not have asked for a better tour guide or group of people to hike with. Per our tour guide's recommendation, my friend and I enjoyed a tasty burger, dirty fries, and a beer after the hike at Dognvill Burger :)

Date of experience: September 2017
Review collected in partnership with VisitNorway.com
Reviewed January 3, 2018

I only had one day in Stavanger mid December and had alwast wanted to hike to Preikestolen. Found this little company online that offers hikes yearround.
Picked up and dropped off at my hotel by very friendly and welcoming guide and owner Johannes.
Total group consisted of 6 people. The conditions were fantastic, 25 cm of fresh snow everywhere and sun shining through the trees. Only one person had beaten us to the top, but other than him, we were the only ones there. Some people followed us later on.
Johannes equipped us with spikes under our shoes, walking sticks and a warm beverage on top of the pulpit rock. It was quite a hike for him, plowing through fresh thick snow and making a clear path for us. He clearly marked and cleared snow-hidden crossing creeks, tricky and steep steps. His positive and mindful attitude contributed to a very special experience. I would recommend this company to anyone who wants to truly enjoy Norway's beautiful nature!

Reviewed January 1, 2018

I have norhing but positive feedback on the tour, where we had Christopher as our guide. He has been to Preikelstolen, hundreds of times ever since he was a small kid. So, he knows the area. He also had a training for mountain rescue and paramedic, so that made me feel safe as well.

I thought I would have problems, because I’m afraid of hights. I did not fear at all.

The wind on the rock was blowing hard, but our guide would not have taken us there if it was unsafe.

When hiking in the winter, you get the luxury of having only a few other people around. So, I think, you get better pictures.

If you have good, waterproof gear and spikes for the shoes (which the company will provide, you will be ok.I think. The difficulty is more than medium, so it’s not for people, who have difficulties walking up- or downhill or have really bad knees.

I highly recommend Outdoorlife Norway’s hike to the Preikelstolen

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Had an amazing time experiencing the Preikestolen hike with Outdoorlife Norway. They were helpful throughout the whole process - our guide provided several convenient pickup places, motivated people who struggled, and actively worked to create a positive environment. The weather made having a guide imperative, especially for us who'd never hiked the trail before. For a winter hike, I highly recommend Outdoorlife.

The hike itself was beautiful, snow and fog surrounded us and it felt like a movie scene. The view at the top on a foggy day is awe-inspiring, and despite how amazing the pictures were they don't do it justice.

I recommend preparing waterproof clothing (cloves, boots, jacket, and pants). They offer rentals of each, but you can save money by being prepared. A change of clothes can help if you aren't comfortable with being wet by the time you're at the bottom.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Johannes is an amazing guide and this whole experience was unforgettable. He is clearly driven by a passion for nature and the desire to share the beauty with others. Without his expertise, it would not have been possible to do the hike with all the snow and ice. His knowledge and outgoing personality was the icing on the cake.

I highly recommend the Autumn Hike if you want to beat the crowds. We bumped into some norwegians who were descending while we did our hike but otherwise, you have the entire place to just your group.