Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Outdoorlife Norway tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Outdoorlife Norway
from $168.10
from $168.10
from $156.00
from $131.80
More Info
All reviews off the beaten track sunrise hike hiking poles photo package an amazing experience experienced hikers great guide great hike pulpit rock small group beat the crowds waterproof pants his knowledge small company amazing sunrise main trail comfort zone
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I have norhing but positive feedback on the tour, where we had Christopher as our guide. He has been to Preikelstolen, hundreds of times ever since he was a small kid. So, he knows the area. He also had a training for mountain rescue and paramedic, so that made me feel safe as well.

I thought I would have problems, because I’m afraid of hights. I did not fear at all.

The wind on the rock was blowing hard, but our guide would not have taken us there if it was unsafe.

When hiking in the winter, you get the luxury of having only a few other people around. So, I think, you get better pictures.

If you have good, waterproof gear and spikes for the shoes (which the company will provide, you will be ok.I think. The difficulty is more than medium, so it’s not for people, who have difficulties walking up- or downhill or have really bad knees.

I highly recommend Outdoorlife Norway’s hike to the Preikelstolen

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Had an amazing time experiencing the Preikestolen hike with Outdoorlife Norway. They were helpful throughout the whole process - our guide provided several convenient pickup places, motivated people who struggled, and actively worked to create a positive environment. The weather made having a guide imperative, especially for us who'd never hiked the trail before. For a winter hike, I highly recommend Outdoorlife.

The hike itself was beautiful, snow and fog surrounded us and it felt like a movie scene. The view at the top on a foggy day is awe-inspiring, and despite how amazing the pictures were they don't do it justice.

I recommend preparing waterproof clothing (cloves, boots, jacket, and pants). They offer rentals of each, but you can save money by being prepared. A change of clothes can help if you aren't comfortable with being wet by the time you're at the bottom.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Johannes is an amazing guide and this whole experience was unforgettable. He is clearly driven by a passion for nature and the desire to share the beauty with others. Without his expertise, it would not have been possible to do the hike with all the snow and ice. His knowledge and outgoing personality was the icing on the cake.

I highly recommend the Autumn Hike if you want to beat the crowds. We bumped into some norwegians who were descending while we did our hike but otherwise, you have the entire place to just your group.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

My mum and I did the Preikestolen Autumn hike on the 13th December and it was absolutely amazing! Given the time of year a lot of searching said you couldn't do the hike and it was too dangerous but with Outdoor Life Norway they make it possible. Johannes the owner and our guide was just great and the hike itself was so much more than we could have ever imagined. Whilst it's not a tough hike and you could easily do it yourself in summer as many do, the weather this time of year definitely means you should go with a guide and I would recommend Johannes and his company 100 items over! The bonus of the off season as well you get to experience it unlike others, we had the mountain all to ourselves and it was certainly an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Everything about the tour was great. This tour company appears to be going above and beyond the usual in Stavanger, this was the only company that did the Priekestolen hike in the 'off' season. The hike went without a hitch, with a great tour guide. Everyone says to do Priekestolen in the summer, don't listen to them. Priekestolen in the snow was magic