“The hike to Preikelstolen on the 31st of December”
Review of Outdoorlife Norway

and up
Preikestolen Guided Hike - Low-Season
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: GUIDED HIKE ADVENTURES TO PULPIT ROCK & KJERAG. *Innovative, Unique Tours * Small Hiking Groups * Professional, Local Guides * Hotel Pick-up/Drop-off * Optional Photography Service * Optional Rental Equipment * Custom & Private Tours * Ethical Employment Practices. Outdoorlife Norway’s professional (and local!) nature guides lead unique ‘off the beaten track’ tours that highlight the region’s fjords, mountains, and valleys. We offer premium guided day-hikes, bicycle tours, multi-day treks, and tailor-made private tours throughout the year. Optimize your adventure and leave the hassle up to us!
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed January 1, 2018

I have norhing but positive feedback on the tour, where we had Christopher as our guide. He has been to Preikelstolen, hundreds of times ever since he was a small kid. So, he knows the area. He also had a training for mountain rescue and paramedic, so that made me feel safe as well.

I thought I would have problems, because I’m afraid of hights. I did not fear at all.

The wind on the rock was blowing hard, but our guide would not have taken us there if it was unsafe.

When hiking in the winter, you get the luxury of having only a few other people around. So, I think, you get better pictures.

If you have good, waterproof gear and spikes for the shoes (which the company will provide, you will be ok.I think. The difficulty is more than medium, so it’s not for people, who have difficulties walking up- or downhill or have really bad knees.

I highly recommend Outdoorlife Norway’s hike to the Preikelstolen

"amazing sunrise"
"main trail"
"comfort zone"

Reviewed December 21, 2017

Had an amazing time experiencing the Preikestolen hike with Outdoorlife Norway. They were helpful throughout the whole process - our guide provided several convenient pickup places, motivated people who struggled, and actively worked to create a positive environment. The weather made having a guide imperative, especially for us who'd never hiked the trail before. For a winter hike, I highly recommend Outdoorlife.

The hike itself was beautiful, snow and fog surrounded us and it felt like a movie scene. The view at the top on a foggy day is awe-inspiring, and despite how amazing the pictures were they don't do it justice.

I recommend preparing waterproof clothing (cloves, boots, jacket, and pants). They offer rentals of each, but you can save money by being prepared. A change of clothes can help if you aren't comfortable with being wet by the time you're at the bottom.

Reviewed December 18, 2017

Johannes is an amazing guide and this whole experience was unforgettable. He is clearly driven by a passion for nature and the desire to share the beauty with others. Without his expertise, it would not have been possible to do the hike with all the snow and ice. His knowledge and outgoing personality was the icing on the cake.

I highly recommend the Autumn Hike if you want to beat the crowds. We bumped into some norwegians who were descending while we did our hike but otherwise, you have the entire place to just your group.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

My mum and I did the Preikestolen Autumn hike on the 13th December and it was absolutely amazing! Given the time of year a lot of searching said you couldn't do the hike and it was too dangerous but with Outdoor Life Norway they make it possible. Johannes the owner and our guide was just great and the hike itself was so much more than we could have ever imagined. Whilst it's not a tough hike and you could easily do it yourself in summer as many do, the weather this time of year definitely means you should go with a guide and I would recommend Johannes and his company 100 items over! The bonus of the off season as well you get to experience it unlike others, we had the mountain all to ourselves and it was certainly an unforgettable experience!