Open today: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Book In Advance
Tours from Outdoorlife Norway tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Outdoorlife Norway
from $168.10
from $168.10
from $156.00
from $131.80
More Info
All reviews off the beaten track sunrise hike hiking poles photo package an amazing experience experienced hikers great guide great hike pulpit rock small group beat the crowds waterproof pants his knowledge small company amazing sunrise main trail comfort zone
Reviewed December 18, 2017

Johannes is an amazing guide and this whole experience was unforgettable. He is clearly driven by a passion for nature and the desire to share the beauty with others. Without his expertise, it would not have been possible to do the hike with all the snow and ice. His knowledge and outgoing personality was the icing on the cake.

I highly recommend the Autumn Hike if you want to beat the crowds. We bumped into some norwegians who were descending while we did our hike but otherwise, you have the entire place to just your group.

Reviewed December 14, 2017 via mobile

My mum and I did the Preikestolen Autumn hike on the 13th December and it was absolutely amazing! Given the time of year a lot of searching said you couldn't do the hike and it was too dangerous but with Outdoor Life Norway they make it possible. Johannes the owner and our guide was just great and the hike itself was so much more than we could have ever imagined. Whilst it's not a tough hike and you could easily do it yourself in summer as many do, the weather this time of year definitely means you should go with a guide and I would recommend Johannes and his company 100 items over! The bonus of the off season as well you get to experience it unlike others, we had the mountain all to ourselves and it was certainly an unforgettable experience!

Reviewed December 10, 2017

Everything about the tour was great. This tour company appears to be going above and beyond the usual in Stavanger, this was the only company that did the Priekestolen hike in the 'off' season. The hike went without a hitch, with a great tour guide. Everyone says to do Priekestolen in the summer, don't listen to them. Priekestolen in the snow was magic

Reviewed December 4, 2017

We did one of the last Autumn hikes of the year on December 2nd and honestly, I did not bargain for how much of an incredible experience this was going to be! This was due to a number of things, 1. the raw beauty of the landscape we hiked through and how thrilling it was to be away from everything and see a part of this fantastic country! 2. The physical challenge was just enough to feel like I had really accomplished something outside of my comfort zone and nothing like anything I had done before. And 3. probably one of the best parts of the day was being guided by Johannes. His passion, excitement and knowledge absolutely set this tour apart from any others I have done. He is a really inspiring person and learning more about his travels, building Outdoorlife and his love of Norway was wonderful. I couldn't have hoped for a better, friendlier guide. A true representation of the lovely people of Norway.

I was on a solo trip and was glad to find that it doesnt matter how many people have booked, as long as the weather allows, the tour will go ahead even if you're the only person booked on. Such is Johannes dedication to excellent service and getting people out into the wild and having an amazing experience.

The hike is great for people just starting to get into the activity and experience hikers will love it too. Loads to see and learn and during the autumn winter period, lots of icicles to eat! 100% would recommend this tour and any of Outdoorlifes others. I'll definitely be booking with them again! Takk fur turen!

Reviewed November 29, 2017

We went on a hike to Pulpit rock and it was one of the best hikes I've ever been on. Living in Colorado, I've been on PLENTY of hikes, but this was one of the most scenic/enjoyable ones I've done anywhere. We went in the off season, in November, and we passed maybe four people the entire hike. Once we reached pulpit rock, we were the only ones up there for almost an hour. It was incredible. I'd recommend this hike in the off season, even with the cold temperatures. It's so worth it to not only have the guide with you, but to not have to share the views with hundreds of other hikers like you would during the busy season. I would book a hike with this company again in a heart beat. Our guide was on time and very informative. It was also extremely nice to have someone to provide the spikes and hiking poles so that we did not have to bring our own.

Erlend, our guide, was AWESOME. He was by far the nicest/coolest person we met on our trip! :)