“Great sushi, but order in advance”
Review of Sabi Sushi

Sabi Sushi
Ranked #28 of 218 Restaurants in Stavanger
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed October 18, 2012

The sushi was very good, tasty and well presented. There is space to eat, but it is either a high bar table facing the vindow or a low table facing the kitchen. The service was nice, but it took 35 minutes to get the sushi - maybe a busy wednesday night, who knows. I got an drink as compensation, which was nice. They do not have license to served alcoholic beverages, but try to apple juice, it was good with the sushi.
Buttom line: I would love the place, if I could order and bring home the sushi.

1  Thank Ulrik S

Reviewed October 1, 2012

EXCELLENT, FANTASTIC, TASTY
Expensive sushi but worth it
I just dined-in. The restaurant offers 12 seats only, it is mainly used as a take away restaurant.
The staff were really helpful. The service was good & quick!
You must try the fried scampi, a wafuu pasta, and at least one (if not all) of the signature makis
VISIT IT

Reviewed September 23, 2012

I was in Stavanger for business and a resident recommended Sabi. The menus are in Norwegian, (you are in Norway after all). They have an I-Pad menu and regular menu with plenty of pictures to help. My order took a while, as many others that phoned their order in came in and out. A busy place was a good sign. They have a few chairs for in house patrons, but most take their meals. When my order came, I quickly went to my room. The sushi was very fresh, rice was near perfect. The staff expertly packed my meal and provided me with plenty of ginger, wasabi and soy sauce AND an additional small sauce tray to use when I unpacked my meal. Overall, it was very good, reasonably priced for Norway and sushi of this quality. I would definitely recommend and I would return.

Reviewed September 22, 2012

You can preorder take-away on their webpage, which is good, since the waiting times are awful. But this is probably the best sushi in Stavanger. And the most expensive... but, yes, very good.

Reviewed September 13, 2012

This Sabi sushi is good, fresh, and tasty. I had time to meet the young chef from Potorgal, if I am not wrong. He is very lovely and I am sure love making sushi. It is interesting to have nice, decent sushi with European chef in Norway. Nice, trendy set up inside with good service.