All reviews oldest hotel walls are very thin wide corridors walking distance to many sites charming hotel bigger room overlooking the harbour seen better days nice place to stay junior suite centre of town single bed fifth floor bars and restaurants perfect location enjoyed my stay the room was nice
Selected filters
Reviewed October 13, 2018

Stayed in a single bed, South facing 5th floor room that had a wonderful view of the waterfront area. Check-in was pleasant and fast. Lobby is warm and inviting, staff friendly and attentive.

The room itself was as I've found most hotels in Norway to be, minimalist and modern... but with everything you need.

There is a pretty decent steakhouse attached and on the backside of the hotel a legit burger place called The Shack. Really though, the hotel is wonderfully located for your Stavanger adventures. Basically right on the water, a few moments stroll from great places to eat, drink and be entertained.

Had a wonderful stay and would definitely consider it again in the future.

Date of stay: October 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Catrine V, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2018

Dear James

Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. W e are happy that you had a pleasent stay with us and hope to see you again next time you visit Stavanger.

Reviewed October 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel was awesome! Very centrally located! A short walk to the airport bus station and walking distance to many sites! The complimentary breakfast was the best I’ve ever had with a ton of options and beverage choices!
The room was nice but the walls were a little thin as I could hear the people next door talking through the walls and even snoring. That’s the only complaint I have though! The room had a great view of the marina. Staff was was very accommodating and polite and watched my bags two times even after I checked out. Highly recommend!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled solo
Catrine V, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2018

Dear tfortney11

Thank you for the fantastisc review. We are glad you had a pleasant stay with us.
We hope to see you again next time you visit Stavanger.

Reviewed September 6, 2018

Very good location and nice staff. Walking to all the sites and food spots. Information office is 7 minute walk and self parking is close 200nok per night. The staff was very helpful with directions and breakfast was great. I would stay here again.

Date of stay: September 2018
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed August 31, 2018 via mobile

Fabulous stay in this hotel with my 2 kids on my own. Our expectations were low as we were on an ‘economy’ hotel tour, but economy in Stavanger is different to other places!! It was great.
Friendly staff, great breakfast, really comfy befs, great view .... but very noisy seagulls! Unfortunately, street noise was loud on occasion too (even though we we were on the 5th floor).
My window catch broke on the second evening, but the handyman had left for the day, so I borrowed a screwdriver from the lovely receptionist and fixed it myself! The handyman knocked on the nect morning with profuse apologies for my inconvenience! Such nice people.
Great location .. so close to everything!!
Fell in love with Stavanger too and if I ever go back, I’ll book into this hotel.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Traveled with family
Catrine V, General Manager at Victoria Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2018

Dear Laura

Thank you for taking your time to write such a wonderful review. We hope you are able to visit Stavanger again sometime.

Reviewed August 21, 2018

we loved our stay and enjoyed every minute. the rooms are quite nice and clean. we had a view to the see and that was very relaxing. the breakfast was really good and staffs were helpful as well. the only thing we lacked was parking.

Date of stay: April 2018