All reviews superior room top floor great hotel great breakfast parking garage rooms are nice few minutes walk close to the city center breakfast buffet comfortable hotel nice stay small room business trip pulpit rock harbour norway dispenser
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2019

Friendly staff who go out of their way with a smile. Fantastic location for the town center. I was on the 12th floor looking east and an amazing view all day but especially at sun rise. Restaurant has a limited menu and the bar lacks some atmosphere but there are so many great places close this is not a worry.

Room tip: High room facing east
Date of stay: April 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Louise R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2019

Hi jmslater2011.

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review after your stay here with us!
We are so pleased to hear you loved the hotel, and got a chance to enjoy the view :)
We hope to see you again soon and welcome back!

And again - thank you for your kind words!

Reviewed April 2, 2019 via mobile

This is a functional, charmless kind of place. Glad I was here for business and not pleasure.

Pros: Location is good, staff are nice

Cons: First impression was a scuffed door to my room and a very dirty, ugly 1980's carpet along the 4th floor corridor. Really should get rid of this and have clean wooden floors or something.

Room was unappealing. Not dirty but not clean enough (eyelash in the mini fridge, dust under bed)

Breakfast was ok but by Scandinavian hotel buffet breakfast standards, was below average.

Nothing open on a Sunday (bar nor restaurant).

Exterior fairly hideous.

Overall, meh.

Date of stay: April 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Louise R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2019

Hi GifanticSmall!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review after your stay.
I really appreciate you letting us know about the drawbacks as well, so that we have a chance to see what we can do to avoid it.
Again - thank you for your time, and I do hope we get the pleasure seeing you here again.

Reviewed March 17, 2019 via mobile

I was here on business for 2 nights so naturally I have shirts to iron. There is no irons in the room. I was told to go to floor 11 and use the communal room. Not ideal when you have flown hours that day and just want to do your ironing in the comfort of your own room ready for a big meeting that evening and the next day. My bed was a double like I requested. Strangely I was given 2 single blankets so I didn’t even have a big double blanket. Finally, I had completed all my meetings early on my last day and I wanted to work at the bar or in the lounge. I soon realised that there is nowhere to get a drink or food in the hotel between breakfast and about 5 in the evening. Crazy really because I know I wasn’t the only one who thinks this.

I won’t be staying here again because for the price I paid (by far not the cheapest or most expensive) it just didn’t justify the level of service and quality I expected. The service just isn’t up to scratch and value for money is awful.

Only good point for me is that the breakfast is very good.

Date of stay: March 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Louise R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2019

Hi 6karld!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review after your stay.
I appreciate you letting us know about the drawbacks as well, so that we have a chance to see what we can do improve this.

Regarding our ironing facilities, we do have an ironing room on the 11th floor as you mentioned. Here with a better iron, a steam generator for a better result. We also provide the service for our guest, with a LG Styler Steam Closet, where you can deliver your shirt at the front desk, and you will get it back in tip top shape free of charge.

From the front desk our guest have the opportunity to buy both drinks and small dishes like sandwich, wraps or salad. Drinks from 11 AM, and the small dishes 24/7 :)

We hope we get the pleasure to see you here again, and feel free to contact me directly for a new booking, and I will personally make the reservation.

Louise & Team Clarion Hotel Stavanger

Reviewed March 15, 2019

I've rated the Clarion "very good" as I understand it's appeal - it just doesn't suit my tastes. I visit Stavanger often and usually stay at the Radisson Blu (Royale and Atlantic). I thought I'd try Clarion as have other visits with Clarion hotels over coming months. It just did absolutely nothing for me.

Some points to mention:
Check-in was okay. I tried to get my Clarion card assigned to stay but they said as it was booked via travel booking site (my company's travel company) I didn't qualify. That never happens when I travel - I would imagine yes if some super-cheap budget site but not a corporate travel company (and we paid on par/above odds for room).
The room we paid for was supposed to be a "family room" as I prefer the extra space - what I got was a standard small room and when I queried i was told that room can be extended by adding a rollaway bed (only space was under the "open plan" closet!!) Not impressed.
Finally, the biggest bug bear for me as a frequent business traveller is being asked to go several floors away to another room to do my ironing! It requires getting dressed and organising a time that's convenient to leave room to get any clothes you may need ironed. Time I never seem to have. And if you happen to notice that when you're leaving at 6.30am and looking desperately for the iron, it has the ability to put a very bad start to the day! How difficult is it to leave an iron for guests?

On the positive side, room was very comfortable, location was very handy and they had umbrellas to borrow if you provided your room number.

I was back to Stavanger last week and back to the Radisson Blu... very happy with that decision. Won't be going back to this Clarion ever.

Date of stay: February 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business

Hi soshbfly!

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us a review after your stay. I really appreciate you mentioning our appeal - and that it's just not for you. Absolutely fair :)

Regarding our ironing facilities, we do have an ironing room on the 11th floor as you mentioned. Here with a better iron, a steam generator for a better result. We also provide the service for our guest, with a LG Styler Steam Closet, where you can deliver your shirt at the front desk, and you will get it back in tip top shape free of charge :)
In our upgraded rooms, deluxe and suites - we still provide an iron and ironing board in the room.

We do hope you will give us another chance! Please contact me directly and we will definitely make this a stay you soon will forget :)

Reviewed February 26, 2019 via mobile

The deluxe rooms have beautiful, curved walls with a great view of downtown. Great service and an amazing breakfast. Kitchen and Table provides a delicious taste experience as well. You won't be disappointed here!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Louise R, Manager at Clarion Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded March 1, 2019

Hi Christina! :)

Thank you so much for an amazing review!
We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your stay, and we can't wait to see you here again!

Thanks for making our day! :)

Louise & Team Clarion Hotel Stavanger