All reviews roof terrace nice hotel free coffee rooms are small reception staff business trip eggs and bacon stayed here for nights reception area great breakfast stavanger city pulpit rock min walk artwork gym norway nok
Selected filters
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

I stayed here for two weeks for business. There weren't any minibar, coffee machine, and room service. They decided on behalf of you to not service your room, because of the environment unless you need one, and also not equip your room with minibar and I really don't understand the reason. The furniture in the dining area was really old. Normal hotel without any modernity that they intend to show in their photos.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed November 24, 2018 via mobile

A Wednesday night at the Comfort in Stavanger. The choice chain are everywhere in Norway, and I believe the Comfort chain is the cheaper of them. But I never learn the difference. Decor is meant to be cool but comes through as cheap. The same disturbingly ugly paintings are plastered everywhere. Room is bare, but clean, and not worn in any way. There is a gym I did not test as I nipped over to the local SATS. Breakfast is OK. You get everything you need there, and the price is reasonable. So I guess you must take the mass produced feel of these hotels.

Date of stay: November 2018
Reviewed October 29, 2018

I have stayed in various hotels in Stavanger over the years as part of my work travel. This is the first time I have stayed at this hotel.

Good points:
1. Clean and tidy.
2. Central location.

Bad points:
1. Sitting and waiting on friends in the reception area while dodging a table tennis ball.
2. Only ever one person at reception. So if there are a lot of people checking in, well, join the queue....and wait....
3. Breakfast is the same every morning and limited in choice.
4. the art work in the bedroom...em....frankly, don't get it.....really distasteful in my opinion...
5. I stayed there a week. My room was never cleaned, once. Remember, it's 1150 NOK a night.
6. You have to pay for a cup of coffee. Usually with most hotels I have stayed in, there is always a coffee machine around the corner with free coffee. Again, it's 1150 NOK a night.

Frankly, the room wasn't cheap. Such a standard I would have expected from a lower budget hotel.

Obviously, it's Stavanger and hotels are expensive, but I have stayed at other hotels for a similar price and got more for the money.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 27, 2018 via mobile

This was the first time I had visited Stavanger and Norway. My work booked this hotel for my 2 nights stay. It is very central and close to the main area for restaurants and bars.

The hotel itself was modern and funky with the art work and decor. My room was very clean and not to small with a really good overhead shower that I could of stayed in all the time.

Breakfast was a wonderful buffet with your usual European style food and hot food option also.

I highly recommend this hotel and look forward to my next stay.

Brian.

Trip type: Traveled on business
JeanetteLandaas, Daglig leder at Comfort Hotel Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 3, 2019

WOW ,Thank you for your excellent review! You totally get us.
The service we offer might be selected but the service we give shall be great.
The people working here is our biggest asset and its a lots of love put in to their job.We also take some pride in respect mother earth

Hope so see you again !

Best regards
Jeanette Landaas

Reviewed October 25, 2018

I was booked into this hotel for business purposes. It is a recommended hotel used by most of Europes largest Oil companys.

This obviously speaks volumes.

The hotel is fantastic and I have stayed in quite a few. Its clean, the staff are friendly, it has great facilities etc.

The room was spotless. The shower....WOW!! I actually sat on the floor in the shower and had a good 10 mins shutdown. The bed was crazy comfortable and I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in a long time. In the morning i opened the curtains and noticed a large crane right outside. I was looking at a building site in full operation. My point of mentioning this is the fact that I heard NOTHING from my room.

The breakfast in the morning was an absolute treat. A large selection, friendly and smiling staff. I saw the chef come out and have a joke with the staff re stocking and cleaning up. They all looked happy in their work.

The food tasted AMAZING!!

This hotel has it SO SO right and its crystal clear why the place is recommended. I WILL be back on further business trips as well as social trips.

I HIGHLY recommend this hotel!!

• Trip type: Traveled on business

WOW ,Thank you for your fantastic review!
The service we offer might be selected but the service we give shall be great.
Our brand core is Easy on the wallet,Easy access,Easy on the planet and Easy to enjoy- we love that you get us.

Hope so see you again !