“Really good!”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 4, 2013

Been here 3 times already and ae planning to go back!
Spicy and seriously good indian food that is not down spiced for us Norwegians! So so soo good!

Reviewed July 18, 2013

Went to this place mid-evening on a Thursday, so had only drunk two beers in the Cardinal beforehand (very un-British like. Tradition dictates that we should drink a skinful, go for a curry and regret it in the morning)

We were quickly seated and given plenty time to peruse the menu. Once ordered, food came very quickly

Dehli Platter to share to start and Mumtaz Tandoori for a main course. I have to say, both were excellent. Bang full of flavour and the meats were nice and tender. Went for the medium spice sauce, which was spot on. The naan bread that came with the meal was one of the best I've ever had (and I've had a few in my time, so I don't say this lightly)

I've given 4 stars because of the Norwegian prices, which are always painful to my British wallet.

Ultimately, the test of a good restaurant is whether you would go back and eat there again. I definitely would!

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Every time I've been here I have been surpised by how poor the service is. The waitresses don't speak Norwegian (and hardly English), and when I ordered 'chutney', they thought I meant marmelade... Forgetfull service and no knowledge of Indian food. In winter it was freezing and all the guests sat with their coats on. Restaurant should increase manning or train their staff better, because now this place is gaining a reputation for bad service.

Reviewed June 26, 2013

My girlfriend and I went there after hearing some positive reviews from friends, but we were unfornately very disappointed. The restaurant had a nice atmosphere and was quite full that evening.
We were quickly taken care of by the staff and after taking our orders the waiter disappeared and we were left to our own devices. After half an hour we were becoming a bit impatient, but it was very hard to catch the attentions of the staff as they bustled about. When another fifteen minutes had passed we finally got hold hold of a server and explained that we had waited for 45 minutes for our food. It seemed like she understood that an error had been made, but she gave no other explanations than "I will see." After ten minutes of trying to get hold of the waiter again (Who seemed to keep her back turned to us whenever she was in the vicinity) we managed to get hold of another waiter and ask what was going on. When she answered that our food "was ready soon" and then left we were sorely tempted to leave the place, but since we had already waited for so long we decided to at least try the food. Another ten minutes and the food finally arrived, a full 65 minutes after we ordered.

The food is reasonably priced and tastes good, but we will not return for seconds.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Modern type of restaurant serving Indian food - as advertised.

Expect little or no service, food is decent, so to stay identical with India Tandoori close to De Røde Sjøhus a 10 minute walk from this restaurant (same chain).

First time I went, I got a fried fly baked in my extra ordered papadums. Waiter was not apologetic about it and charged me for the papadums as well. He cancelled the bill when made aware but no apologies, looked rather angry at me until I left the restaurant with my group. Likely this was a youth having a summer job but hey, no excuse, give your staff proper training.

Another time, you are not able to make a salty Lassi. Every Indian restaurant can make a salty Lassi. Especially when the restaurant is 15% filled with people, you have time to put in some effort. I know you have the sweet one on your menu, but shaking a bit of curd with salt and pepper in a glass is not that difficult. If you wanted to give that service, you could, instead of declining such a small request. I guess staff is trained to do the cookbook recipe only, but even McDonalds can put extra cheese on a burger when requested.