All reviews light dinner free evening meal amazing breakfast included in the price leave early favorite hotel breakfast and dinner great hotel hot drinks late checkout wide range definitely stay here again pulpit rock nice staff hotel breakfast rooms are modern great room
Selected filters
Reviewed June 4, 2019 via mobile

Overall good experience of the hotel. The breakfast is superb with high quality food offerings, freshly baked pastries (a beautiful scone like item with white chocolate and cranberries that I'd love the recipe for!). Lovely meats, choices of eggs all HOT (which sadly many hotel buffets get wrong). There's a gorgeous salad section with more choices than you could possibly enjoy and I even noticed a gluten free section which was amazing. The waffle machine was amazing too. I stuffed myself probably way more than necessary. Reception staff are exemplary and so helpful. The only thing I would say is the housekeeper forgot we were two people on the second morning and I had to ask for an additional towel and also forgot to top up the tea bags. Room was a bit small for there nights but otherwise fantastic hotel.

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Olle A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded June 11, 2019

Dear markeT7219ML,

Thank you for staying With us, and for taking the time to review us. We truly appreciate it.
I´m glad to hear that the stay was satisfying and that both the food and the service from my colleagues contributed to a great stay. However I´m sorry to hear that we didn't prepare the room properly with towels etc. Unnecessary and it shouldn't happen. We apologize for that.

In the end it seems like you had a overall good stay at that's the most important. Thank you for choosing us and warmly welcome back in the future.

Reviewed May 31, 2019 via mobile

5.0. The room, service, breakfast, and fitness center all greatly exceeded expectations. Larger room than comparable hotels in Stav. Centrally located. Complementary dinner is an added bonus. Outstanding choice for all travel; family or business

Trip type: Traveled on business
Olle A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2019

Dear Alex A,

Thank you for a great review.
It´s lovely to hear about your stay and that many of our services and facilities exceeded your expectations.
We promise to continue our dedicated work for great guest experiences.

Thank you for rating us and warmly welcome back in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

Two lovely ladies at the Thon Hotel front desk made our short stay in Stavanger a memorable one. Elina’s warm welcome and cheerful attitude and her help for getting around the town on a map made us feel at home. Thon hotel was joyfully decorated. Our room was clean, quiet and well maintained. Breakfast had a rich variety of everything we could think of. Dinner was very sensible with lots of vegetables. During checkout Julie cheerfully took care of all our last minute details while we waited for our late night train. We have to come back to this town and to this hotel. Thank you Elina, Julie and Thon Hotel.

Dear Narkozcu,

Thank you for sharing your experience here at tripadvisor.
It´s lovely to read about your stay and all the good experiences you had. We do try to give our guests all the attention they deserve at all times and I understand that both Elina and Julie really lived up to that here. I´ll make sure to share your kind words with both of them and the rest of the hotel.

Thank you for staying with us and know that we look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Reviewed May 26, 2019 via mobile

This place was amazing, the staff are so friendly! Julie was beyond sweet by offering advice about Stavanger and even went above and beyond to prepare a travel package for our next destination in Norway! The breakfast is to die for, I have never seen a larger offering at a hotel. The rooms are comfortable and it is in a great location!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Olle A, General Manager at Thon Hotel Stavanger, responded to this reviewResponded May 27, 2019

Dear Christine W,

Thank you very much for a great review, we truly appreciate it.
I´m very pleased and proud to read about your experience. We do put a lot into personal service and breakfast and it´s wonderful to read that we did so well on these during your stay.
I´ll make sure to share your kind words with my colleagues and especially with Julie.

Thank you very much for you recommendation and we hope to welcome you back again in the future.

Reviewed May 25, 2019 via mobile

The breakfast of this hotel is amazing! All the timea I came I really enjoyed it. The employees are very kind and nice!
The only negative point is the system to lock the rooms doors as sometimes it seems to stay open. Additionally the rooms are slightly small.

Dear 805bel_nc,

Thank you for staying With us.
I´m glad to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and that our breakfast and my dear colleagues both contributed to your positive experience.
Regarding the locksystem it´s fairly simple, if you are exiting the room the lock will stay unlocked for 60 seconds after you closed the door. This is due to fire regulations so no one can be locked out in the hallway during a emergency.

Thank you for your nice comment and warmly welcome back in the future.