“Back from the waterfront with hearty good food”
Review of Phileas Fogg

Phileas Fogg
Ranked #18 of 206 Restaurants in Stavanger
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This is a block back from the waterfront and serves good food and also generous (0.5 liter) English beers at the usual ludicrous Norwegian prices. Concept is nice and the atmosphere is pleasant.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

went to this restaurant with my colleague from work to have a dinner. we had just burger and chips, but we been satisfied, the portions are really big and we had couple of beers.

Reviewed June 3, 2013

I have gone to Phileas on and off the last 10 years or so and the food's been mediocre at best. Today's visit was different, and with good food added to an already cozy atmosphere, you get a decent place to eat in Stavanger. The service was excellent!

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Very tasty food with pleasant service. I would go back again when in town. Just one street back from the harbour.

Reviewed April 28, 2013

Phileas Fogg has 2 menus, one 'light bites' and one 'a la carte' we ate off the light bite type menu as it was slightly less expensive and we weren't looking for anything fancy. I was unimpressed with my chicken dish which came with a rather tired looking salad, and my companions weren't too impressed with their food either. Nothing was majorly wrong, just none of the dishes had much imagination and could have easily been cooked at home. Service was better, and our waiter was very patient with our lack of Norwegian. Whilst I wouldn't say to avoid this restaurant, I'd say there are definitely better choices out there.