All reviewsironing boardgreat breakfasttop floorper daybit datednice hotelthe location is perfectbreakfast spreadrooms are cleanclose to the city centershopping mallgreat viewricaharbourluggagekrmetal
Reviewed August 8, 2016

A member of the front desk staff was unprofessional. I found blood on my bed. The breakfast buffet, while offering a number of tasty choices, was empty of some items and the staff seemed stressed. The room was very stuffy and the window only opened a few centimeters and offered little relief to the heat and humidity. The parking was down some flights of stairs and there was not an elevator to the hotel lobby which was not a good solution for my disabled mother. I did register a compliant and the manager sent me a form email. I am a Scandic awards member, and I believe this to be the worst Scandic property that I have ever stayed at. I cannot suggest this property for other guests. Scandic can do much better than this property.

• Stayed: July 2016, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with ScandicHotels.com
Reviewed August 3, 2016

Stayed here for one night on our way to Trondheim. The hotel was clean and comfortable just like the other scandic hotels we have stayed in. Take note that's you have to pay former parking which is situated under the hotel. There is no lift up to the hotel with your luggage so either get dropped off outsiders the hotel or lug your bags up a lot of stairs! Kristiansund has very little going for it apart from the harbour. Breakfast was good with the usual huge selection.

• Stayed: August 2016, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2016

A hotel not that easy to find, but OK location with walking distance to the city center. Paid parking and breakfast included. The breakfast has a staff that do all the cooking of eggs in the restaurant, very good. Breakfast is OK. The bar is closed during summer season, which is a minus. Room is clean but a bit old fashion. Nice front desk staff.

Room Tip: As for a room with view
Reviewed July 25, 2016

Helpfull staff and good food. The rooms were fine and clean and we had all we could ask for on our stop over on our way to Trondheim. Kristiansund is a very charming place and worth exploring. We were very satisfied with our stay here. The breakfast was especially good.

Room Tip: We did not ask for anything but had perfect view over the harbor.
Reviewed July 5, 2016

First and foremost, the room we had was fairly dated, an overhaul. The cleaning appears to be quite sloppy and superficial: dust, old hair and nail remnants along the skirting boards, the window drapes had what looks like old blood stains, but hopefully it's only red wine..... and to top it off we also found hair on both of the beds, although the linens must've been changed as they have ironing marks.

In addition to this, we were also surprised by the following two facts:
1: In order to get a room with a double bed, you are forced to upgrade to a "Deluxe" room. If not you only get singles (!), which we found ridiculous.
2: The parking: the Hotel advertises the parking as a perk on their homepage, however, when we checked in we were made aware that the price to park the car more than €37 per night(!) A note for the elderly: the parking is several floors below the hotel, and climbing the stairs are required to reach the reception.

As for bed-bugs we found no signs in our room.

I previously reviewed the Thon hotel in Kristiansund quite harshly, but they are nothing compared to this.

Room Tip: Higher floors have better view.
2  Thank henrikr529