“XL-Diner fish restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 87 Restaurants in Alesund
Cuisines: Scandinavian
Good for: Business meetings, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: From the heart of Aalesund, with a view towards Aalesundet, Molja and the great sea. We in XL Diner has since the start up in 1999 Purposeful developed what is today well known as Europes best Bacalao restaurant, to the habitants pride and our guests enjoyment. XL Diner is and shall be a Clipfish Restaurant, but we also offers inspiring dishes not coming from the sea. You shall be able to recognize our dishes and the dishes we have spread over the entire "Bacalao World" Our menu is inspired from both South Europe and South America but is still faithful to our dear and classic Bacalao dishes from the north-west of Norway. We want to provide you with not only a spectaculare location and menu, but we will also strive to give top notch service, welcome to us !
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Very good place for fish, especially bacalao. They have many sorts of bacalao, I ordered the average one, the rest of my party ordered others, but all were satisfied.

Reviewed March 11, 2014

The speciality of this restaurant is international types of baccalao. Probably one of the best in Norway. And the location of the restaurant is just fantastic overlooking the inner part of the harbours as well as you at the same time can see the sunset in the Ocean. I have been a freequen visitor in this restaurant, private as in international business,. and have never been dissiponted.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

Amazing food and really lovely staff. Had the biggest steak in the world after eating fish for 4 days in a row!

Would be back in a heartbeat

3  Thank Brian M
Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

The food was excellent. The place came highly recommended by friends. Suggest to dinner just before sunset. The view of Alesund is to die for.
Don't forget to order "The best soup in town"

2  Thank tanjm348
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I asked the reception on the hotel, and they adviced me to go to this resturant.
And I do not regret it at all.
I ordered one of the many baccalaos. Much to my surprise, this was not a baccalao I'm used to. This was an explotion of many good tast. That fish had not died in vain.
I finished the meal with a big grin on my face, and topped it off with a good brandy.
Ok, this is the only resturant I have been in here in Aalesund, but I don't know how anything can top this.
Staff is friendly, and the service is exellent.
And the wiew of the harbour is breathtaking.
One thing is sure, this is a place I would recomend to my friends anytime.
Takk for maten, den var deilig. Den beste opplevelsen jeg har hatt på lenge.
C. U. next time I'm in Aalesund