This was one of our favorite hotels in our two weeks in Iceland and Norway. We booked a junior suite and had a good sized living room with two chairs and soffa and a large TV and a separate spacious bedroom with another TV and a small balcony (no chairs) and a beautiful view of the water. The suite was comfortable, spacious and with that view, we just loved it. The location of the hotel was perfect, easy walk to restaurants and shops. The staff was attentive, helpful and pleasant, went out of their way to help. Given the size of the suite and the location, we thought it was an excellent value. The breakfast buffet was very good, although there were the standard offerings that appear in all Norwegian hotels, they did provide additional items that we did not always see in other places. I would highly recommend this hotel -- if I ever went back to Alesund, I would stay here again without question.
We stayed two days in Alesund and although the town is charming, two days felt a bit long. If I had it to do again, one night would have been sufficient.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Scandic Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Orbitz, Hotwire and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund