“Loved this hotel”
Review of Scandic Alesund

Scandic Alesund
Ranked #6 of 12 Hotels in Alesund
Reviewed June 8, 2014

This was one of our favorite hotels in our two weeks in Iceland and Norway. We booked a junior suite and had a good sized living room with two chairs and soffa and a large TV and a separate spacious bedroom with another TV and a small balcony (no chairs) and a beautiful view of the water. The suite was comfortable, spacious and with that view, we just loved it. The location of the hotel was perfect, easy walk to restaurants and shops. The staff was attentive, helpful and pleasant, went out of their way to help. Given the size of the suite and the location, we thought it was an excellent value. The breakfast buffet was very good, although there were the standard offerings that appear in all Norwegian hotels, they did provide additional items that we did not always see in other places. I would highly recommend this hotel -- if I ever went back to Alesund, I would stay here again without question.

We stayed two days in Alesund and although the town is charming, two days felt a bit long. If I had it to do again, one night would have been sufficient.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2014

Dear Guest!

I am so happy to hear that you had a nice stay with us, thank you for your nice review.
We are of course not bias - and totally agree with everything you write. :-)

Hope to see you here again soon, have a wonderful summer.

Reviewed May 22, 2014

We had just one night at this hotel. But I must say the service was great. We had a suite on the 4th floor. What a view!! To wake up there was a fantastic experience.

The hotel is located within a very short walking distance to the center of Aalesund. Very nice.

Breakfast was good. I wish they had better beacon though. But that's the only little downside and it's not that important. We never got around to try the hotels restaurant. That's for next visit.

With some not poetic, but still relatively famous words: I'll be back.

Room Tip: 401 & 402. Fantastic view!!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Johan A
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

Dear guest!

It made us all really proud to read your review! :-)
And we agree with you, it truely is fantastic to wake up to the view of room 402! :-)

We will look in to the bacon "situation".

Again - thank you så much for your review... hope to see you here again soon!

Wishing you an amazing summer!

Reviewed May 22, 2014

If your spending time in Ålesund make sure to stay at Scandic Hotel! The rooms are clean and modern, the beds are so soft and comfy, biiig showers, the view from the rooms are spectacular, the staff is friendly, helpful, professional and just all around the service is in top class! Excellent value for money!!

Room Tip: Make sure to choose a room that faces the seaside!
  • Stayed: May 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear guest!

I am soooo happy to hear that you had a great stay at our hotel, and thank you for posting the beautiful picture! :-)

We really hope to see you here again soon. In the meantime - have a wonderful summer!

Reviewed April 27, 2014

Stayed three nights in March. Will stay longer next time. The only improvement I can suggest is a mini bar option. Excellent value for money at Nordic values. Reception staff outstanding! So friendly and helpful. Very knowledgeable about Alesund and surrounds. Thank you.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear guest.

Thank you so much for your nice review. Reading it made us really proud.
It pleases me to hear that you were happy with the service provided by the staff.
Regarding the mini-bar, we have chosen to keep the fridges in the room, and have a show in the reception area.

We really hope that you stay longer next time, as you wished - and that you stop by my office to say hi.

Wishing you a wonderful summer.

Reviewed April 9, 2014

Well positioned in Alesund, within walking distance of the main attractions and lots of good restaurants/bars. The reception staff were all very welcoming and, as you come to expect with Norway, they all spoke fantastic English. They were very helpful in advising places to visit, even outside of the immediate area. We drove to Gerainger on one day, to Giske and Godoya (a good walk up hill) on another, and to Orsta on the third, plus walked up the 418 steps in town to the main viewing point. Not everything was open as the summer season has yet to get underway but the weather was good so we could spend all the time outdoors. The ferries between islands run very frequently (and reasonably priced) so you can get around very easily and quickly.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled with family

Dear guest.

I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel, and that you got to experience some of our beautiful surroundings. Great that our staff could be of assistance to give you advice. It really pleases me to hear that.

I really hope that you come back to our hotel, it would be our great pleasure to welcome you here again. :-)

Wishing you a wonderful summer!

Reviewed April 9, 2014

I stayed here when traveling on business. The hotel is clean , warm and bright and situated in the middle of the town and close to the water. All in all a plesent environment. What made it outstanding in my view was the service. Our flight was delayed and it was close to midnight when we arrived so everywhere was closed , after checking everyone in the receptionist very kindly offered to make us sandwiches as the restaurant had been closed for a couple of hours and very nice they were. At this point I realised I had lost my cell phone.As it was 1am I decided to wait till the morning . Which was when the receptionist Catheryn swung into action. She called the airport,the travel agents and finally tracked down the bus company and the driver, who found my phone and sent it to the hotel for which many thanks . Again I would like to commend wonderful customer service.
PS the breakfast is pretty good.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank David C

Dear guest.

It makes me SO proud to read your reply, and I am so happy to hear that the receptionists gave you the service you deserve. They are pretty awesome! :-)
And good to hear that you got a sandwich, and that your phone was found.

I hope to see you here soon, and wishing you a wonderful summer.

Best regards proud General Manager, Silje

Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel feels quite reasonable though the price is still high in relation with south europe standards. Nordic feeling is all arround with simple furniture and nordic bed clothing. Everything is very clean but the rooms lack some more equipment and charm. Not easy to feel a at home for people comming from Spain.
Great location in the city centre and convenient parking lot beside.
Good breakfast and quite reasonable meals for dinner at not so reasonable nordic prices.

Room Tip: Las floor have huge windows from the ceiling to ground if you like them, too much light can enter at...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, that means a lot to us.
I am happy to hear that you liked your stay here with us.

Hope to see you here again soon, and wishing you a beautiful summer.