Scandic Alesund
$178
$164
  • Breakfast included
First Hotel Atlantica(Alesund)(Great Value!)
$139
$103
$89
ScandicHotels.com
$136
All reviewsnice hotelsoupgreat viewroom was spacious and cleanharbour areagreat breakfastparking placeexcellent locationbeautiful townstayed here for one nightper daygreat roombuffet breakfastfree coffeenice staffsea viewfish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel feels quite reasonable though the price is still high in relation with south europe standards. Nordic feeling is all arround with simple furniture and nordic bed clothing. Everything is very clean but the rooms lack some more equipment and charm. Not easy to feel a at home for people comming from Spain.
Great location in the city centre and convenient parking lot beside.
Good breakfast and quite reasonable meals for dinner at not so reasonable nordic prices.

Room Tip: Las floor have huge windows from the ceiling to ground if you like them, too much light can enter at early morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded June 5, 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel, that means a lot to us.
I am happy to hear that you liked your stay here with us.

Hope to see you here again soon, and wishing you a beautiful summer.

Best regards Silje

Reviewed January 17, 2014

I love the place! The room we stayed at was very spacious. Two big beds with a lot of space to move around. The room was clean same with the stuff provided; sheets, towels, comforter, etc.

An elegant place and good for anybody who happens to be staying there, both for the kids and adults.

There's a way around the building for the parking space and so it was not a problem at all.

Friendly staff and very accommodating.

Their breakfast was superb! Great foods and drinks with a very nice view outside. I was with a family and the kids loved the place as well.

We had a great time there and the price was very reasonable. Worth every penny you paid for. :)

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Cindy A
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded April 1, 2014

Dear Guest.

Thank you so much for your feedback, it is very important to us.

It makes me very happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay here at the hotel.
And it makes us all very proud to read your feedback.
I hope to see you here at the hotel soon again.

Wishing you a wonderful spring-time!

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I had been rhere for two weeks and I felt like home. Employees in the front desk were always very kind, good food in the restaurant and the 24h snack bar makes life easier durimg the rainy and snowy days.

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank karina_an
Silje Viken S, General Manager at Scandic Alesund, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We appreciate all the feedback we can get and are pleased you had good meals in Molja restaurant.
I am proud when the team succeed to give good service and will bring your kind words forward to the staff at front desk.
We hope to be able to welcome you back to Scandic Ålesund sometimes soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2013

The Scandic Alesund was a suitable hotel for our families needs.
- Our youngest child enjoyed the children's play area.
- We all enjoyed the Jamie Oliver inspired Buffet Breakfast.
- Easy check-in and out with easy access parking under the hotel (although an extra cost).

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

First of all I would like to thank you for leaving a review of your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We are pleased to hear from a family point of view and that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad our play area is popular among the children.
The breakfast, inspired by Jamie Oliver, has 101 items and we are happy to hear that you all enjoyed.
We hope to be able to welcoming you back sometime soon to give you the same experience...

Reviewed November 14, 2013

I had to go to Alesund t help out at our office there, and my good neighbor recommended this hotel. And frankly, I must say that I did not regret it. I stayed for six days, and enjoyed every minute of it. Room 503 was my "home away from home". The view out to the harbor and the scenic mountains was fantastic.
And such friendly staff at the front desk and especially in the restaurant. Talking about restaurant, the food was fantastic. A gourmets delight. Keep away from those posh expensive hotels. This is the place to stay when in Alesund.
I promise: Next time in Alesund, It will be at the Scandic.

Room Tip: 503, or any room in fifth floor facing the harbor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review about your stay at Scandic Ålesund. We are happy and proud to hear that you enjoyed every minute of your six days stay with us. I am proud to hear that our Team in front office and restaurant (and kitchen) was giving you the service you deserved. I will forward your toughts to our Team.
Our rooms ovelooking the harbor are the most popular and we will be happy to book one for your next stay.
Welcome back to Scandic Ålesund.