My wife and I stayed here for one night in late July......had a junior suite. The main advantage of this hotel is what hoteliers would call location, location, location......right by the sea and we had a great view from our rooms. The junior suite was spacious ...two large rooms......very plain interior....but ok (average - needs some renovation). The bed was comfortable. The view from our room was magnificent. Also central location for the town. Parking in hotel garage for NOK 150 for 24 hrs.
Breakfast was wonderful.....very pleasant room looking over the sea. A great variety of food...more than expected.
Staff were friendly........but....and I only have one item which irritated me.... We arrived at 13.15 hrs after driving 9 hours...were tired......when booking on-line on Scandics own booking system I indicated that we would arrive a little bit early (check-in is from 15.00 hrs)...between 12 and 13.hrs. On arrival I went to check-in and was told that check-in was after 15.00 hrs...and we would have to wait. OK, I realise a hotel needs time to clean rooms etc but this was not done in a good way..... I was not asked my name (so she did not know who I was or what type of room I had booked)....the lady at check-in (pleasant person !) just immediatly said no check-in before 15 hrs. This is an unusal policy obviously put in place by Managment and I would ask them to review thier policy...if they want return guests....Normal procedure would be to at least ask my name and then look in the system to see if a room was available (of the type I had booked)......rather than just giving a blanket answer to everyone on check-in (we sat in reception waiting and I listened to what others were told...exactly the same...no one was asked their name). At least ask for the person's name on check-in ...and look in your PMS system....and ok, if no room available then tell the guest !! - but at least you will have been seen to have done something to help your guest (and you live off your guests !! ). We were given a room at 14.15 hrs...thank you.
Alesund is a beautiful town...one of Norway's best......
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Scandic Ålesund! Stay at the Scandic Ålesund hotel overlooking the harbour in central Alesund.Unwind in the sauna and enjoy the waterside views from our bar and restaurant. Close to the commercial district, the hotel has 8 meeting rooms. The Alesund Museum is just 5 minutes' walk away and the Fjellstua view point 2,4 kilometers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Expedia, Hotwire, Scandic Hotels, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Scandic Alesund reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Alesund
- Scandic Alesund Ålesund
- Scandic Alesund Hotel Ålesund