“Tasty food in a relaxed environment” 4 of 5 bubbles

Lyst
Ranked #4 of 83 Restaurants in Alesund
Cuisines: Scandinavian, Norwegian, International, European
Good for: Kids, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Derby, United Kingdom
“Tasty food in a relaxed environment”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The menu at Lyst is small in comparison to other restaurants in the area however there is generally something for everyone. I had dinner as part of a party of 6 people and every one of us enjoyed our meals. My lamb dish was very tender and full of flavour. Our waiter was friendly and helpful although service was a little slow at times. The atmosphere is relaxed and I can imagine this restaurant would also be good for a sociable lunch!

• Polish first
Padua, Italy
“I'd go back there every night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013 via mobile

Lovely little restaurant in the heart of ålesund.cosy location,excellent food,big servings (I nearly could not finish my fish),very helpful and nice waiter,rather low price for norvegian standards.don't miss it!

Jessheim, Norway
“A good option for an early or late lunch”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

Having been delighted with the quality of the food and the friendly service first time around we decided to eat here again a few days after our first visit. Well, the second experience was totally different from the first. Our first visit was before 12 noon. This time we arrived at 1 O'clock in the middle of the rush hour and ended up walking out to go elsewhere after receiving what can only be described as poor service. We were greeted on arrival, but since all of the inside tables were occupied, we had to go outside to find a table. Fair enough, we were a party of 6 arriving at the peak period. After 10 minutes wait, I had to go inside and wait in a queue to ask for the menus, only to be told by the girl behind the bar that they were "over there", indicating with her hand that I should get them myself. We looked at the menu, decided what we wanted and waited for someone to come and take our order. When this didn't happen I went back to the bar to order only to be told that the bacalao was finished. This is something that should have been mentioned when the menus were collected. At this point we had been in the restaurant for half an hour and had yet to receive any positive attention whatsoever from the two ladies working there that day. Since bacalao was what we had been looking forward to we decided to go elsewhere. Needless to say, no one acknowledged our departure. This second experience has not put me off visiting again, but I would certainly avoid going back during rush hour as it is clearly too much for two servers when both the inside and outside seating areas are busy.

• Visited August 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Norway
“Excellent Bacalao”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I did not expect much, it looked like a nice little bistro, but I was surprise how excellent The Bacalao was. Very good service as well.

1 Thank Imanuelle
Paris
“Correct for a good price... In Norway”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

The place is mix between a tearoom, a snack bar and a restaurant. You can go there for a coffee in the middle of the afternoon or a sandwich after a godd day of walk or for dinner. We ate here and the food was good and for Norway, the price was reasonable.

Visited August 2013