“Good Food, Good Service, Great People Watching..”
Review of Dickens Restaurant - CLOSED

Dickens Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Norwegian, Cafe, Pub
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to our restaurant next to the blue rock en the centre of Torgalmenningen.In addition to Dickens restaurant the complex contains Kontoret Bar which is fully licenced bar with at focus on singel malt Whisky and a great variation of Norwegian and international beers. Kontoret Bar also serves food from the restaurant menu.Dickens restaurant offers a great variation of lunch dishes during day time, and dinner a`la carte starts at 4 pm every day.Dickens restaurant offers outdoor seating with full menu during summer months (weather permitted).Welcome to a great experience in a restaurant that have served customers for more than 25 years.
Reviewed June 6, 2013

Really liked the service at this restaurant. The food was very good, as we just had lunch on a nice sunny day in Bergen. Wine was reasonable price for Norway, and again our waiter was very attentive to refilling our water and wined glasses. Very clean inside and out as well.

The location is really good, and the people watching out on the plaza was really fun.

I would rank this as the better restaurants we ate in Bergen.

Reviewed May 28, 2013

We all had a wonderful meal here in a wonderful setting with great views out the glass covered portion of the dinning area. I was torn between a few menu choices so the waitress was very helpful with here recommendations. I chose to have the Whale Steak...yes Whale!! It was outstanding....a very dark meat looking much like beef, really to fishiness to it but just a bit gamey in a good and flavorful way. I would recommend it to any traveller looking for a good meal at a fair price.

Reviewed May 1, 2013

I have lived in Bergen and outside all my life and been to Dickens many, many times. My latest visit was on April 27 2013. I ordered the Dickens Hamburger which they are famous for. Every time they make alteration to the menu the burger stays. Well, it's time for an upgrade because from my last visit the burger has been downsized to something that should only be on the children menu! Come'on Dickens! Server proper sized meal for adults - not kids size!!! I hate to pay adult price (NOK 179,- for a small burger with fries? Come on!)! And please try not to burn my burger next time! Oh, sorry, I don't think I'll order the burger next time! Perhaps I'll enjoy the view with a glass of water.
If you want to sit by the window and watch people go by this is the place for you. If you are hungry, find another place. And while you're there you'll get pretty good service. The staff are friendly and polite. No complaints there.

Reviewed April 30, 2013

Dickens has arguably one of the very best locations in Bergen. From most of the tables you will have a great view of Torgalmenningen - the central square in Bergen. The menu was not very exciting and the food average.

Reviewed March 10, 2013

Great service, stylish and nice menu. However, the cost was extraordinary and way too much for what we received. Walk 100 meters off the square and you can get better food for almost half the price.