“Menu and wine very good indeed”
Review of Enhjorningen

Enhjorningen
Ranked #10 of 406 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: Seafood, Scandinavian
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Make sure to order a table during tourist season as this is very popular with visitors. And with good reasons. Love the building and fun to imagine all the people who have been in that building throughout its history. We ordered set menu and a la carte, and everyone was well pleased with the food and the recommended wine. It was of course pricey, but that is to be expected unfortunately. But we were lucky with our waiter who was cheerful and attentive, even when the restaurant started filling up. My main complaint with the restaurant is that they should take a little more pride in what they are serving and where it comes from. The food was served without any form of introduction and i feel that this is handled better by many of their competitors. I enjoy knowing if we are enjoying local produce. I also recommend that they ask guests if they want to know something about the building.

Reviewed July 8, 2013

Very poor service!!!!!! The staff didn't say hello or good by.When we said Good bye, they did not bother to answer. Grumpy arrogant staff.Ever though the interior is gorgeous, I would not reccoment it. Felt that I was not welcome at all.it was a mistake to go there at the end of our perfect trip to Bergen! ((((The food was average

3  Thank Ksenia J
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This is a famous seafood restaurant in historic buildings on the waterfront in Bergen. The food was quite good and the service was ok but it is very expensive, even for Norway. You can get as good a seafood meal cheaper and also with great atmosphere at the fish market.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

I've dined at seafood restaurants on five continents (including all of "the best" in NYC), but I think this is the best at which I've eaten. It's in the old Hanseatic League area, upstairs in a building with a unicorn out front (why a unicorn rather than a fish, I do not know). My friend and I had the baked char and the steamed halibut. Both came with an interesting assortment of perfectly prepared vegetables, and both were delicious. I wish this restaurant were in my neighborhood at home.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

Enhjørningen is not fancy. It's real and rustic. In one of the oldest buildings on the famous "Bryggen", you will find one of Norways best Fish restaurants. You should not miss this restaurant while in Bergen, I have visited several times during the last 15 years - I have always been very satisfied, and so have my guests been.

Taste two starterts, one main - and drop the dessert!

1  Thank janmOslo