“Best steak house in Bergen”

Salsa Latin American Kitchen & Bar
Ranked #44 of 401 Restaurants in Bergen
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Neighborhood: Sentrum
Reviewed February 22, 2012

This is the second time I've visited Salsa, and wow, what a great restaurant this is. The atmosphere in this downstairs old cellar is genuine. Waiters are friendly and casual, and, depending on your table, you can see into the kitchen where the action is. Our steaks were tender and delicious, served in generous portions. I had the prime texas rib just to try something different, and it was superb. The honey and barbeque sauce was dominant, but tasty. Prices are fair for this quality, I left happy and 450 NOK poorer (including tips), having the steak and two draft beers.

Reviewed December 19, 2011

The prime rib was out of this world. I had the Texas with chipotle with honey and BBQ sauce. It was good but the BBQ sauce dominated the taste a bit. The boyfriend had the Klassik with red wine sauce and herb butter and from the little I tried it was divine. I think it was much better than mine, actually. The meat was cooked fantastically well. I would have preferred just a tiny bit less cooked perhaps but it is a small gripe, it was excellent. We tried an appetiser (green salad with raspberry dressing, chorizo and croutons) which was nothing to write home about and ended the meal with a fairly good passion fruit margarita for me and a seriously good Irish coffee for the boyfriend.

Wonderful service and a nice ambience. It is fairly expensive but I guess that it is to be expected in Norway. The food is worth it.

Reviewed September 28, 2011

This is the best steak restaurant In Bergen. Their prime rib are superb and as good as it gets! Attending staff and great atmosphere.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

Not one of the less expensive restaurants we have been to during our visit to Bergen. However it did not disappoint. Mr. husband had the Prime Rib whilst I had the Salmon. Both were delicious and very well presented.

Reviewed June 13, 2011

We visited the new Salsa restaurant next to the fish marked. Great atmosphere for a romantic dinner1 The prime rib is FANTASTIC and is THE reason for vising Salsa!! Would love to go back! We ate a two course menu and did not manage a dessert after that.

1  Thank capishe