“Comfy apartment”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bergen
Skuteviken Guesthouse
Ranked #3 of 20 Bergen B&B and Inns
puerto iguassu
“Comfy apartment”
Reviewed April 2, 2012

Well furnished room with friendly owner. A little bit of a stroll to town but handy supermarket round the corner and bergen isn't that big so it's not a problem. Would recommend people to stay here in a more traditional neighbourhood with wooden houses rather than one of the chain hotels which are very similar up and down the country.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank simmchr

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Berkeley, California
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Stayed in the loft apartment, 22 year old daughter and myself.
I only stayed one night, long enough to want to stay longer and see the harbor area.
She stayed a few more nights before joining her school program downtown at the Y.
Very nice people, helpful, neighborhood picturesque w/ cobblestones, hilly but not too steep, view and choices of restaurants. We ate dinner at a 400 year old place which seemed a very clean barn, gourmet Norwegian tapas style, downstairs moderate pricing, upstairs more chic, right on the harbor.
The loft apartment is reached through the tiniest winding staircase, the nice man there brought our luggage up. The unit is very modern and very well done, with kitchen with a bedroom and sleeping in the living room. Views and great style, very nice bathroom, everything Scandinavian modern in the best way. Highly recommended for picturesque charm. Innkeeper very nice.
The house itself is very old and historic, like Bergen itself.

Room Tip: Loft is great as long as you can get up the stairs. Enough room for two with separate sleeping. Did...
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank stevenmonrad
Edgecomb, Maine
Reviewed February 7, 2012

Bergen is an expensive city to stay in. I rented an apartment at Skuteviken Guesthouse in October 2009. Solveig and her husband were the perfect hosts! Staying her is far better than any hotel in the city, and you are close to all the great attractions. The guesthouse sits on a small cobblestone road and the apartments are up narrow stairs but not only do you have your own "place" in Bergen, it rapidly feels like home. They offered to pick me up to avoid the confusing nature of Norwegian public transportation. My rooms were clean bright and warm. The kitchen had all the tools I needed to cook meals and avoid pricey restaurants. I never heard my neighbors and always slept well - unlike a stuffy hotel room. I would definitely stay here again! It's also a perfect location for any music event at Bergenhus Festing.

Room Tip: All the rooms are great but there will never be much of a view because it is the historic district w...
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
4 Thank Grahamcracker579
Barnstable, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 18, 2012

My mom and I stayed here In June of 2011 and couldn't have been happier! The little apartment was just perfect. Everything was so clean and picturesque not to mention how nice Eivind was. It was in a great location and an easily walk right to the shops and to visit the fish market. Eivind met us when we arrived and was nice enough to give us a map of the area, recommend a few restaurants, and suggest we try the the cable car up Mt. Ulriken ( we ended up doing the whole hike around.. you should too!). Even with a few days of rain we had a wonderful stay. The apartment was a perfect size and the little kitchen was great for morning breakfast and to come home and cook dinner in at night. One night they were thoughtful enough to leave ear plugs on our door since their neighbors were having a cookout and were concerned it may be too noisy for us, now thats service! If you are looking for a place to stay in Bergen you can't go wrong staying here! Id love to return if I have the chance.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Chelsea S
Gettysburg
Reviewed November 7, 2011

I truly enjoyed my stay in # 4. It was perfect for two people; one bedroom and a comfortable day bed in the living room. The bathroom was surprisingly modern and the kitchen had just what one needs for a few days. The bus stop is very close by if you are not able to walk the short distance into the historic area. After experiencing the sticker shock/prices of everything in Bergen (three bowls of hearty soup was 400 kroners) , we found the 900 kroners a night for Skuteviken to be an amazing buy! The fact that I had to put my sheet on the bed was really not a problem. The only caution I will include is if you have difficulty negotiating narrow winding stairs, this may not be the place for you.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank GettysburgSAD
Singapore
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My husband and I stayed here for 4nights in March 2011 when we were on honeymoon. After a long tiring ride on the Norway in a Nutshell, this apartment was like heaven! Our room was exactly like what they showed at the website. We arrived late and the hostess was still waiting for us, so sweet. The kitchen came in handy since we can visit the nearby supermarket and do our own cooking (and save some money) and enjoy meals on the comfortable sofa. There is wifi and TV. The beds were soft and cosy. The host came to check if we are comfortable on our 2nd day. We asked for extra blanket and he was most willing to make our stay the most comfortable one. I like the contemporary and classic mix of the room and I would highly recommend this place.
It is about 5-10min walk from the Fish Market but there is a bus stop just outside on the street.
If you are taking Norway in a Nutshell and arrive around 9pm in Bergen (just like what we did), I'd advise taking a cab from the Central Station to the guesthouse. It is faster, quicker and definitely less confusing. I cant see all the landmarks indicated in the email in the dark. And it will be good to have a cab company number in hand, or get a local to call for you. Apparently, the cab doesn't come to the Central Station as we had assumed them to be waiting for customers...
If I were to visit Bergen again, I'd stay here! :D

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Uniquely-Baldy
ontario
Reviewed October 25, 2011

It was ok.
Thats all.

At 900 crowns a night we expected a little more, like breakfast or even a little milk to have a coffee with. The bed linen were not changed on our stay neither were the bathroom towls.

On the other hand we had a small apartment and we could cook for ourselves on the two ring burner provided and we had a fridge as well.

If there was a washing machine we would have been happy, but there was not.
The location is quite central, which is a good thing.
All in all it was Ok and this is the best review I could give of this place.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled as a couple