Let me first say, I REALLY enjoyed Bergen and Det Hanseatiske Hotel. The hotel is funky and charming and very comfortable with great internet access and a super location.
1. For those people complaining about the noise, don't stay in the center of town if you want peace and quiet. I was never really bothered by the noise and had my windows open every night due to the heat.
2. Regarding the rooms being sauna-like, the weather in Bergen in the summer does not justify the cost of AC. I asked to use a fan and they supplied me with one. I slept like a baby in their fine linens.
3. The buffet breakfast was acceptable but not special.
4. I would say the staff tried to be helpful, but it seemed more student-run than professionally staffed. At a small hotel like this, I was not expecting a concierge to help me with recommendations. Could they have been more helpful? Yes. Was it a problem? No.
5. Price -- everything is expensive in Bergen. $10 for a beer, $15 for a bowl of soup, etc.. I was able to get a room via hotels.com for less than $150 a night, which I think was a very good deal in Bergen.
If you want the comforts and services of a big hotel, try the SAS down the road. If you want to feel like you are part of the history of Bergen, go nowhere else.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A stay at the Hanseatic Hotel is a very special experience. We have invested all our expertise and passion into creating this high quality hotel, situated at Bryggen in Bergen. With its location at the very heart of historic Bergen, the hotel is ideally placed, whether you are travelling on business or pleasure. The Hanseatic Hotel is not your 'standard' hotel. The hotel has been built on historic ground within the Finnegaarden Trading House at Bryggen, which is inscribed on Unesco's list of World Heritage Sites. We have retained the wharf style and architecture, and the old timber walls have been preserved in several places.Every room is uniqe!We can offer 37 characterful double rooms featuring exclusive furniture and unique bathrooms, creating an interior that is redolent of the time when Bryggen was a Hanseatic port. The Hanseatic Hotel will appeal to those looking for more than a standard A4 hotel, and who wish to spoil themselves in attractive and charming surroundings. As the city's most outstanding hotel and restaurant complex, we want our guests' stay to be memorable and can offer delicious culinary treats that will appeal to every taste. We have several restaurants serving exquisite traditional and international cuisine, a cosy lobby bar, in addition to excellent conference facilities and free WiFi.Our hotel and restaurants, as well as our conference facilities, with their unique character and central location, make for an out-of-the-ordinary experience. We can organise every type of privatefunction, from weddings to confirmations and Christmas buffets. A short distance from the hotel is the famous Fish Market (Fisketorget), where seafood connoisseurs mingle. Another popular tourist attraction is the Fløibanen Funicular. The airport bus and the railway station are just a short distance away.Welcome to a memorable hotel and culinary experience! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your The Hanseatic Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hanseatic Hotel Bergen
- Hanseatic Hotel Det Hanseatiske