“Will come back!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Da Stefano
Ranked #11 of 365 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, European
Good for: Romantic, Families with children, Kids, Special occasions
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Hønefoss
“Will come back!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2014

Me and my husband went to Da Stefano for lunch today after reading about the place in Tripadvisor. The moment we opened the door, Stefano ( I assume..) was there and welcomed us. I immediately felt the relaxed atmosphere and looked forward to sit down and eat here. The place is a mix of a restaurant and shop where you can buy fresh baked breads, foccacias with cheese, ham etc which he heats up in a toaster or something looked like, great for a take-away lunch (they looked delicious!), pastas, BIG pizzaslices, wraps with chicken and more...

Its feels very "homey" there and I really liked the combination. Its a sort of open kitchen so there is all the time a sort of intimacy with the cook/workers, which I find very nice.
Especially when the chef is asking from the kitchen if the pizza was good, if we were good there..checking in on us...personal, attentive and informal, very nice!

I cant remember the name of the pizza we ordered now, but we had the one that was most expensive and that was embedded (like a calzone, but looked like a tree, funny...) But with ingredients not like the calzone, here was smoked cheese, mozarella, ham, pepperoni, mushrooms, parmaham and parmesan (hope I remembered everything.) served with salad around it and lots of parmesan spread on top. Was also parmaham on the top of the pizza, so I dont know if it also was inside.. But anyhow, it was delicious!

We had a nice chat with Stefano ( I still assume...) before leaving, and it was great to feel his passion for good, authentic food and his vision for his place. I always get tremendous happy when I run into people like that, because where do we get good food these days? Made with passion and love? Its unfortunately not many places, so I would say we should support guys like Stefano by getting a great meal at his place, to a reasonable price, and Stefano, get another waitress if its gets too busy for you ;=)

We will come back for the Tiramisu that is advertised to be the best according to another review down here.....(and the pasta....and more pizza.....yeah we will be back!)

Thank you! I keep my thumbs up for you!!

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Modini N

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bergen, Norway
“Late drop-in dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

What an unexpected pleasure.
Celebrating our wedding anniversary, we decided to go down-town for a late dinner. We had tried to eat at this Italian restaurant a while ago, but it was fully booked.
Tonight we made another try. Bellissimo! Nothing more to say but outstanding good food. Very friendly staff, definitely our new favorite!

“Autentic Italian in Bergen. ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

If you want to eat Italian in Bergen, this is the place to go! We dropped in unexpected a saturday evening and was treated as old friends. Marvellous real Italian food and wine. Highly recommended!

Bergen, Norway
“Nothing special”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014

We had pasta here, and it had absolutely no taste. And I couldn't even get a hold of the waiter to get salt or pepper. Heard the pizza is ok though, but won't go back there to try it.

• Visited February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Hildur T
Guildford, United Kingdom
“A piece of Italy...in Bergen!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2014

Taken here by our friends who live in Bergen, this turned out to be one of the best Italian meals we've eaten outside of Italy (we lived in Florence for two years, so have some sense of what we're looking for). Bresaola and bruschetta starters were good. For mains, two of us chose the gnocchi, served in a rich tomato sauce; two boys shared the large size Tyrannosaurus pizza (incredible in size, taste and quality) and two of us had the risotto with funghi porcini (this was to die for; cooked to order in about 25 minutes, creamy, unctuous and very flavoursome). But if we thought all that was good, the best was yet to come: Stefano's tiramisu is UNBELIEVABLE! Dario was a great waiter, and we were made to feel very welcome. Don't hesitate to go there if you want Italian in Bergen: no praise is too good for this place - well done Stefano!

• Visited February 2014