“Basic italian restaurant in Bergen”

Prego Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 381 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Simple, genuin and tasty! The concept is based on grandmothers kitchen, influenced by the French, Spanish and Italian cuisine. We take our pride in making our dishes from scratch, and use the best products we can find that goes with the concept. Prego is un-formal, warm and is perfect both for families, friends or business wise. Prego Café & Restaurant - bonne appetit!
Tromso, Norway
“Basic italian restaurant in Bergen”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My wife and I dropped by to have a quick dinner on a rainy day (and there are lots of them in Bergen!) The restaurant is located close to maybe the most traffic-packed street in Bergen so there is not much of a view. The interior is however nice, and we did not register much traffic noise inside. My wife ordered a lasagna and a spicy strawberry soup, and I ordered a tortellini and chicken, and the same soup for desert as my wife. But when the waiter came with the food I to were served lasagna instead of the tortellini I had ordered. The lasagna was good, but not very impressive. The spicy strawberry soup was however excellent!

• Visited October 2013

Bergen, Norway
“The location is a downer, but the food, thats what you are coming for”
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Close to the main transportation area in Bergen, the location is nothing to say hurray for, but the food is excellent, very nice for a romantic dinner or if you want some italian food.

• Visited February 2013
Bergen, Norway
“Not for family with kids or babies in a stroller”
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

That area is not so charming but the restsurant is quite cute , the waiters are kind enough and the food good but a bit pricy.
I couldnt keep my stroller by the table and this was a biiiggg minus, the baby got tired and i couldnt lay her, the restaurant sad it is because of security in case of fire, ok ok, now I know and if I go back I will sit outside. The Chorizo pizza with rucola and cherry tomatoes(+10kr) tasted just like in Italy, thin botton and lots of olive oil !!!

• Visited July 2013
“Great food and service”
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been here two times. Once for dinner and once for drinks. The food is great and reasonably priced. The recently opened outside area has potential to be a great place for drinks for people living in the area, but unfortunately it is located next to the most trafficked road in all of Bergen. I will definately be coming back here for after work drinks and food.

• Visited June 2013
Bergen, Norway
“Italian restaurant with potential”
Reviewed May 14, 2013

After having heard a lot of good about Prego we decided to try it out - and we weren't disappointed. The interior of the restaurant is appealing - modern with a rustic touch. The outside of the restaurant is for the time beeing a bit unfinished, but this will be improved substantially as soon as the ongoing construction work outside is done. This will hopefully result in a nice area for outdoor seating. We found the waiters to be very polite, pleasant and attentive and we were given excellent suggestions on wine. Prego imports some wines which can't be found anywhere else in Norway. The one we ended up with - Unico Montepultciano d'Abruzzo - turned out to be an excellent match for our choice of food - which was Pizza. Even though one of the pizzas had a bit soggy crust, caused by a lot of different types of cheese on this particular pizza, the Pizzas were every bit as tasty as we had been told. We didn't get to try the rest of the a la carte menu this time, but it seemed interesting and the dishes we saw beeing served, looked quite tempting. All in all it was a really nice experience and we will definitely return to try more from Prego's menu.

• Visited May 2013