“Not for family with kids or babies in a stroller”

Prego Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 401 Restaurants in Bergen
Cuisines: French, Italian, Spanish, Norwegian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Prego is based on grandmothers kitchen, influenced by the French, Spanish and Italian cuisine. We take our pride in making our dishes from scratch, and use the best products we can find that goes with the concept. Prego is un-formal, warm and is perfect both for families, friends or business wise. Prego Café & Restaurant - enjoy!
Reviewed July 12, 2013 via mobile

That area is not so charming but the restsurant is quite cute , the waiters are kind enough and the food good but a bit pricy.
I couldnt keep my stroller by the table and this was a biiiggg minus, the baby got tired and i couldnt lay her, the restaurant sad it is because of security in case of fire, ok ok, now I know and if I go back I will sit outside. The Chorizo pizza with rucola and cherry tomatoes(+10kr) tasted just like in Italy, thin botton and lots of olive oil !!!

Reviewed June 19, 2013

I have been here two times. Once for dinner and once for drinks. The food is great and reasonably priced. The recently opened outside area has potential to be a great place for drinks for people living in the area, but unfortunately it is located next to the most trafficked road in all of Bergen. I will definately be coming back here for after work drinks and food.

Reviewed May 14, 2013

After having heard a lot of good about Prego we decided to try it out - and we weren't disappointed. The interior of the restaurant is appealing - modern with a rustic touch. The outside of the restaurant is for the time beeing a bit unfinished, but this will be improved substantially as soon as the ongoing construction work outside is done. This will hopefully result in a nice area for outdoor seating. We found the waiters to be very polite, pleasant and attentive and we were given excellent suggestions on wine. Prego imports some wines which can't be found anywhere else in Norway. The one we ended up with - Unico Montepultciano d'Abruzzo - turned out to be an excellent match for our choice of food - which was Pizza. Even though one of the pizzas had a bit soggy crust, caused by a lot of different types of cheese on this particular pizza, the Pizzas were every bit as tasty as we had been told. We didn't get to try the rest of the a la carte menu this time, but it seemed interesting and the dishes we saw beeing served, looked quite tempting. All in all it was a really nice experience and we will definitely return to try more from Prego's menu.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

I've eaten at Prego before, and it was very good that time. But this time I was a bit let down.
First, the good points. The After Eight Latte was delicious, the desserts where good(the creme brule and the spicy strawberry soup) and my companions main courses where reportedly very good.
However, there where some down-points. The prices had risen a bit since last time I was there. It didn't quite feel worth it and I thought especially the wine prices were a bit high.
The biggest let down for me was that when I got my main course the mussels on top were cold. The soup accompanying them was only lukewarm. And the taste was average. It was incredibly disappointing.
To conclude; there are better places in Bergen to go eat.

Reviewed January 17, 2013

My husband and I went there for dinner. They introduced a 5-course meal that sounded really good and really cheap. So we ordered the food. The food was good but in snack size. So we had to make dinner at home. So it was very expensive for having such a little amount of food.