See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

We had to book this hotel as our visit coincided with the World Bicycle Championship and all hotels were fully booked. Our expectations were low after reading other reviews. However, we were surprised that the room was quite big. The front office staff were very friendly and helpful.
The room totally has no sound proofing whatsoever. People were partying through the night and we had a hard time trying to sleep. The bathroom is most disappointing. There’s only a shower curtain dividing the shower area from the rest of the bathroom; not even a raised floor to prevent water from flowing all over the floor.

Stayed: September 2017
1  Thank CLin62
Marita S, Leder  at P-Hotels Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Kind reg P Hotels Bergen

Reviewed September 27, 2017

Hello,
I was for business in Bergen and stayed in P-Hotel one night, I was suppose to stay longer but that was just impossible. Eventhoug my reasonable complain they would not refund a single penny, so be carful!

Here the summary:
Advertise "breakfast included" but breakfast consists of a small sandwich, and a tiny bottle of juice, basically just enough to say that they have breakfast included (this is hung in a bag on your door at 7:00am) - Shower is extremely tiny, not even enough room to turn around -Bed has basically no support, very soft and saggy (one night was alright, but this would definitely lead to back issues over time) - Very noisy location (right on a main road, bar downstairs, dumpsters out back) especially if you want windows open (which you will since there is no air flow into the room or room cooling) - Room curtains did not block any light to speak of - Room had 2 hangers for clothes/jackets and virtually no shelves (1 shelf above hangers but shelf was very dusty) - Hall and room had a strange musty smell to them -Toilet was not a normal flush, it had sort of a plunger that you have to lift and hold in order to make it flush (not terrible, just very strange) -Television had 3 channels only

This hotel was meant for one to two night stays, not long term, there is insufficient space or facilities to settle in as one would need to if their stay was longer than a few days. An indication of this was when I was checking in, the person behind the counter asked for my name, and when given he stated checking in today, checking out (he paused, then laughed while saying) In a very long time, 14 nights you are staying here?, you could tell that this is an uncommon occurrence and was in fact very strange. This should definitely not be a three star hotel, it would be two at best.

- Silvano

Room Tip: Even loud when room towards to back yard.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank silla27

Dear Silvano Thank you again for your feedback, and I guess you have got the mails sent in this case. Kind reg P Hotels Bergen

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

This place is the worst hotel we've seen in Norway, and thanks to some world championship bicycle event, it cost roughly 5x what I would expect to pay and was filled with loud, drunk patriots.
We dragged our suitcases through blocks and blocks of cobbled streets from the train station, with no help or advice whatsoever from the hotel about how to arrive.
The girl at the desk was cheerful to us, but seemed immensely bummed about having to work here. She didn't have any help and had to deal with all these drunk idiots for a week straight.
Even without an event in town, I'd say stay somewhere else.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Amy M

Dear Amy
Thank you for your feedback. During World C. its impossible for us to guide you perfectly since many streets was closed!! Kind reg P Hotels Bergen

Reviewed September 20, 2017 via mobile

I don't know why so many people are complaining. The hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was basic but comfortable and clean. While there was noise from the pub below, closing the windows completely shut it out so we had no problems. The TV did have more than one channel (I think maybe 5 or 6?!) but we spent most of our time out so didn't watch it much, nor did we have any issues with the Wi-Fi. Neither of us minded the sandwiches or juice either (not the best but not bad either). The best part, however, is definitely the location, particularly considering how economical the hotel was.

The only thing we found...quirky...was the beds. The "doubles" are actually two singles pushed together so it was a bit of a learning curve as a couple that normally cuddles when we sleep. My husband wound up falling between the two the first night, haha. They were comfortable though and we had a good laugh about it.

Overall we enjoyed it and would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Marita S, Leder  at P-Hotels Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded September 25, 2017

Dear Maggie.
Thank you for your nice feedback. Welcome back to Bergen and our Hotel. Have a nice week. Kind reg P Hotels Bergen

Reviewed September 16, 2017

I paid $189 USD on Expedia for a nonrefundable room for two nights. The rates are normally much higher. So, I guess that's why they gave me the attic on the fourth floor. If you're claustrophobic, I don't recommend staying here, but I quite enjoyed the experience. Plus, I didn't spend much time in the hotel room, preferring to spend most of my waking time outside. The location of the hotel is the best part, as it's within the heart of the city and a few minutes walk to the Light rail station stop, Kode art museum and the Funicular. It's certainly not the worst hotel in Bergen at the price I paid. They deliver a free sandwich and juice every morning at your door. While the ham sandwich is inedible, the juice is decent. I also found the plastic bag useful. Being in the attic, the noise was significantly reduced and I slept soundly. The most difficult part may be carrying your luggage from the third floor up to the fourth floor, as the elevator only goes to the third floor. This did not bother me, however. The bathroom was acceptable. The hotel did seem old and not particularly well managed. The receptionist barely spoke English and did not seem very helpful to guests at check in. I didn't have many needs, so, for me, check in was a breeze.

Room Tip: Not sure you have a choice if you book from expedia, booking or hotels.com
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
Marita S, Leder  at P-Hotels Bergen, responded to this reviewResponded September 18, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. Have a nice day
Kind reg P Hotels Bergen