“Don't go there”
Review of P-Hotels Bergen

P-Hotels Bergen
Ranked #46 of 49 Hotels in Bergen
Reviewed August 18, 2013

Close to everything but brobably the most noisy place you can stay. Earplugs are standard with the toom. Still it felt like we were going to bed in the bar below. The rooms are simple but clean. The breakfest comes in a bag hanging on the door, a sandwitch an apple juice and a apple, a ok solution for those who never reaches the hotel breakfast.

A tip, order directly to the hotel, that gives you the chanse to cansel at arrival. I wil not go back.

Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Tanja T

Reviewed August 16, 2013 via mobile

It's cheap, but it's not really up to a hotel standard. I've stayed at basic amenities hotels across Europe, and I would rate it as a hostel. Maybe a two star hotel in Eastern Europe. The rooms are equipped with earplugs, and that should tell you everything you need to know.

Oh, and the staff may not actually speak Norwegian. Compared to other P-Hotels, I wonder how they are even allowed to use the brand name.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank Subhappy
Reviewed August 16, 2013

One of the worst hotels I've stayed at in a long time. Bottom line, if you can find an alternative that fits your budget, go with it - odds are that it will be better than P-Hotel Bergen.

This place has so many holes, it's worse than swiss cheese. I didn't have the issues with the desk staff mentioned in previous reviews, but the comments around excessive noise are dead-on. It is probably the loudest hotel I've stayed at ever - music, carousing, and revelers out until the wee hours of the night creating a ridiculous amount of noise. Plus, if you get stuck in the "annex"/yellow building, there is a pub and a horse racing office in the ground floor full of depressed, seedy, middle-aged men milling about. Not a good scene. The rooms themselves are cramped, internet is very spotty, and the breakfast in a word, stinks. The other building has a loud cafe right outside, so I am not sure it would be much better. All in all, if you are a light sleeper definitely avoid this place, and if sleep is really important in general, avoid at all costs.

To be fair, the only redeeming qualities are that it's location in Bergen (about a 10-15 min walk from Bryggen/Wharf area) and comparatively lower-price (though way overpriced by standards of US or most of Western Europe - paid low three figures per night for a triple-bed room). Outside of these two factors, it's really pretty bad. If I return to Bergen, would definitely find a different place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Jiyen1213
Reviewed August 12, 2013

This hotel must be on the noisiest street in Bergen. I stayed here two nights, a Thursday and Friday, and my room was on the second floor facing the street. The noise didn't stop until well after 1 AM. And on Friday night it was even worse. One of the people I was traveling with said it didn't quiet down until 4 AM. The person who had a room in the back of the hotel said he didn't hear much noise at all.
Breakfast is extremely sub-par for other hotels in Norway. If you like a ham and cheese sandwich with an apple and juice box for breakfast, you'll love it. Fortunately, there is a grocery across the street and a bakery and deli down the street toward the square.
If I would have know about them, there are other hotels a couple blocks away closer to the water. Next time, I'm trying one of them.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the street are much quieter.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank JMS959
Reviewed August 9, 2013

I would not stay here again. We found the room based on price on Expedia. When we got to the hotel, the not-very-friendly clerk told us we were in a different building down the street, one without on-site reception that seemed rather sketchy. (Lots of loitering people around the door, in the hallways.) Since there is no one on staff at this building, when our Internet suddenly went on the fritz at 10 p.m., we weren't up to doing anything about it, as there is no phone in the room and we would have had to walk a block to talk to anyone. We were here one night passing through. If I had booked for longer, I would have found another hotel. That said, the room itself was pleasant enough. The whole experience on the whole was poor. We did not feel comfortable here.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 31, 2013

This was the most appalling hotel I have stayed in for a very long time. The icy receptionist made us pay in full on arrival and it soon became obvious why. Tiny room, shabby décor and laundry stacked outside it. A bag containing a sandwich and an apple was hung on our doorknob in the morning and was supposed to be breakfast. It beggared belief. This hotel is also a football supporters' pub and plays host to heavy drinkers from 9.00am (yes - in the morning!) onwards. OK I should have read the reviews, but take my advice and do not under any circumstances stay at this hotel.

Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank nicktgb
Reviewed July 25, 2013

The location is superb, however the hotel service is rubbish. The staff are not friendly and/or helpful, wi fi conexion very slow, breakfast delivered in a bag (they don't have any space for it). The lounge very small, always full of people and messy.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family