See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 8, 2013

As mentioned in a number of reviews of this hotel, our experience was very negative. "Family room" we were given was in a separate building from the main hotel located directly over the back outside deck of a bar...even on a Monday night, it was noisy, and got louder as it got later in the evening. Could hear every conversation of the people on that deck. The windows of the room were located in a place that was accessible (near a platform for the fire escape), and so we had further reason to keep the windows closed and locked. The "breakfast" was left in a bag on the door of the room, and was not much more than a packaged sandwich, a piece of fruit and some juice. For what we paid for the room, and compared with all the other places we stayed while we were in Norway, Denmark, and Sweden, this was the least generous breakfast we were offered. We had to check out early, and were not leaving on a ferry until later in the day. When we asked to have the hotel store our luggage, we were told, somewhat brusquely, that they did not do this, and that if we wanted to, we could pile the luggage in the lobby, but they would not be responsible for it if it was stolen. When we further inquired if they would at least put the luggage behind the front desk, where some other luggage had been placed earlier, we were told, again by the desk clear who appeared to be irritated at having to deal with us, that there was no room (despite what seemed to be sufficient room with the other luggage there). We were forced to drag all our luggage to the train station to store it in the lockers until our ferry was ready to depart (there were lockers at ferry terminal as well, but no one from the hotel mentioned this). This was a very bad experience, and anyone who is considering staying at this hotel should pay close attention to all the negative reviews of this place. We did not, and suffered the consequences.

Room Tip: If you decide to overlook the bad reviews, make sure you get a room that is not one in the building across the street from the main hotel over the bar (although cannot comment on whether the rooms in the main hotel are any better)
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Brad B
Reviewed July 8, 2013

I had booked two nights, and arrived on a Friday. I slept in the red hotel building during the first night, and that is a building that you don't want to stay in. There's a night club in the basement of that hotel building, and it's playing really loud music until 3 AM. The standard of the rooms in that building is also poor. I asked on the Saturday in they had any rooms that weren't on top of the night club so that we could catch some sleep before 3 AM. I then found out that they also have a yellow hotel building across the street, I got a room at the top floor of that building, and that room weren't facing the street. It was almost completely silent there, and those rooms had better standard.

That can explain why this hotel get so mixed reviews. I would rate the red building as 1, and the yellow as 2½.

I had no problems with the staff, they were very helpful.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the yellow building if you want to be able to sleep before 3 AM.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MrTheTraveller
Reviewed June 27, 2013

In my opinion this hotel is the worst I ever been ........the doubled bed were really twins... super narrow ....horrible matrix the worst matrix I have seen . it really was a pain to sleep there ,I spent 3 horrible nights , not only because I already wrote but for the electronic music bar that is in the first floor , our bed "moved" with the vibration of the music .and the breakfast is a sandwich with an apple every day ... the put it out side of the room door
People at the fronl desk were robots that work there just to spend the time and make some money.
Please avoid this hotel you can pay more in other place but believe me maybe you go one in your lofe to Bergen , don't let this hotel spoil your visit to a beautiful city.
now if want to party till 3 am and the sleep , this is your hotel

Room Tip: I don't have any , only that avoid this Hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank YOYEMEDELLIN
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Be warned, this is above a very noisy bar in a very noisy neighborhood. Also, the windows of our room were at the same level and flush with the roof of the adjoining building which appeared accessible from the street. This did not leave us feeling very secure. This stay came at the end of about 2 weeks in Norway, so we had a pretty good idea of what is generally offered for breakfast. Unlike every where else we stayed, breakfast consisted of a brow paper bad hanging from out door knob. Inside for each person were, a bottle of water, a small bruised apple and a ham (I think) sandwich which seemed to have been made the week before. Luckily we were just staying one evening.

Room Tip: Go some where else
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank BKE687
Reviewed June 17, 2013

This was probably the worst hotel I have ever stayed at. First, the room had no room darkening shades so it was light as day all night during our stay which was during the summer solstice. The bedding was stained, the tv did not work - was fuzzy on all three channels that we got. There was no shower door but a gross curtain that you tried not to touch while showering. The wallpaper on the walls was all worn and marked up. There was no breakfast - you got a ham sandwich in a paper bag with an apple and a juice box left handing on your door at around 6 am every morning. There was a night club right outside our window which started up around midnight every night and didn't quit until 4 am every morning so it didn't allow me to get any sleep because of the thumping music. I asked for a new room and they ignored me. The front desk was of no help. Needless to say i would not recommend this hotel to anyone. The hotel is technically made up of many smaller hotels. if you must stay here - ask for one of the Family Style rooms which has a kitchen and does have room darkening shades. But from what I heard, all rooms have a noise problem. Wifi worked only some of the time and they had to give you a new code to use every two days.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business